Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What should I buy next?  (Read 1174 times)

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
What should I buy next?
« on: October 27, 2014, 08:20:31 pm »

I don't know if there is such a thread already but I couldn't find anything, so... I really can't decide. Here's my list, in no particular order:

The ones I'd really like to have:
Clockwork Empires
RimWorld
The Long Dark
Salt
UnrealWorld donation

Other potential buys:
Eldritch
Legend of Grimrock 2
Broforce
Kerbal Space Program
Transistor

Do you guys have such a list too? How do you decide what you're gonna buy next (assuming you're not damn rich)? And which one of the first list do you suggest to buy? :S Need help.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
Re: What should I buy next?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 08:23:38 pm »

Broforce/KSP are amazing, AMAZING buys. I highly recommend them. Broforce is an amazing 2D shooter with great action and effects, and KSP is all around great if you like designing out-of-the-box vehicles. I don't know much about the first list of games, except I've heard amazing things about RimWorld.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 08:56:40 pm »

Out of those, I've only played Transistor and it is a great game. I highly recommend it. I'm assuming you have played Bastion? I would recommend that too if you haven't.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 11:13:51 pm »

I recommend KSP out of that list since I've actually played it, and out of the rest probably RimWorld is the one I'd say is the best one to buy. KSP's still the best though.
Donating to UnrealWorld might be a thing you'd want to do regardless though. Since it's significantly cheaper than any of the games on that list.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 11:53:15 pm »

I recommend KSP out of that list since I've actually played it, and out of the rest probably RimWorld is the one I'd say is the best one to buy. KSP's still the best though.
Donating to UnrealWorld might be a thing you'd want to do regardless though. Since it's significantly cheaper than any of the games on that list.

Seconding this sentiment on all counts. Of all of those, KSP has the most replay value. I put over 200 hours into it before I even started using mods. You don't want to know how many hours I've put into it since.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 04:30:49 am »

Yeah I played Broforce local co-op with a friend ~1 year ago and it was amazing! :D Bastion is great, too.
Hmm... looks like I'm going for KSP (still unsure, see below) and a donation to URW (wanted to do this ever since I discovered URW). That'd be enough money spent on games for the upcoming month. Okay, I'll probably get Broforce + a copy for a friend (so we can play something else than just Dota) also.

These ain't the ones I initially wanted to get (at least not in November), but hey I think they have most replay value and are among the most playable ones I listed. Afterall, the other games won't vanish from earth.

Thanks for your suggestions! :)

By the way, anyone remembers those awesome CDs with dozens of demos on it you got with PC magazines? Why are there so few demos nowadays? I think demos are great.

Edit: I've already seen KSP on a few sales on Steam and even the Humble Store. I think I'm just going to wait for a sale there. So... definitely going for Broforce and donation URW. Everything else will be decided spontaneously or next month because I remembered that I'll get a game pad gifted soon that makes a lot of games I already own finally playable.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 05:06:28 am by rumpel »

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 04:43:03 am »

Rimworld and Clockwork Empires are both coming along nicely, but Rimworld has a lot more content to play. So if you actually want to play already, take Rimworld.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 04:44:41 am »

Yup, backing RimWorld too. Especially if you like Unreal World.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 08:31:58 am »

Thirding Rimworld. It's one of those rare games that make you feel connected with your "home" :)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 09:30:12 am »

Hee hee, my buy list..

I usually wait for the steam sales (One is coming this thursday actually) and just buy lots for cheap. 

Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout