Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stonesense not working  (Read 993 times)

Elendil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stonesense not working
« on: October 20, 2014, 08:14:18 pm »

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this but here goes,

I am playing DF on a Macbook and downloaded the MacNewbie pack, which includes a copy of Stonesense.
However, it does not show up on the utility menu of the launcher, and the DF Hack terminal doesn't recognize the command "stonesense" or "ssense" either of which is supposed to launch it. I tried putting it in the same folder as the other utilities, but still no go. What's the trick to this plug-in?

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense not working
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 08:59:21 pm »

Stonesense is part of DF hack, and not a seperate program.  The correct command is "prospect"

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 12:44:36 am »

Stonesense is part of DF hack, and not a seperate program.  The correct command is "prospect"
That's for mineral counts. Stonesense is a 3-D isometric viewer.

Maybe it's not enabled. Try "enable stonesense" (or just "enable" to see the list of available plugins.) Normally--at least on Windows version of Starter Pack (LNP)--the state should be "on (enable elsewhere)", but IDK if MacNewbie is different.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 12:59:08 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Elendil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 08:14:48 am »

Thanks but I still can't get it to work.

There is a file named stonesense.plug.dylib in DwarfFortress/hack/plug-ins but it doesn't show up in the list generated by ENABLE. There is also a folder named Stonesense which includes the graphic files etc. but I'm not sure where that is supposed to go, I've tried it in multiple locations and forgotten its original one.

Any other suggestions?