Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves dehydrating/still won't register supplies/ignoring well..  (Read 526 times)

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile

I've had two dwarves dehydrate, one fisherman while standing next to water (and two tiles from the well), and this last one was Queen Meng, King Moul's omni-skilled companion :| They are out of booze, but 'brew drink from plant' won't show up in the brewery despite being by a massive stockpile of plump helmets (and a hideous supply of barrels and pots..)

Almost positive that nothing is forbidden, or locked away, or stockpile tied up giving to another pile, etc.. I'm worried yet another critical dwarf will be the next to dry up (I've only got 20..).. Something is keeping the workshop from acknowledging the supplies..

Also my expert metalcrafter ended up getting pincushion-ed by a goblin and now I've enabled metalcrafting for an inexperienced dwarf and he refuses to do any metal-work..

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves dehydrating/still won't register supplies/ignoring well..
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 10:27:44 pm »

Are you using Masterwork or any other mods?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 11:08:10 pm »

THATS A TERRIBLE QUESTION.. because.. it makes me reveal.. the sick truth!

No mods at all, save a half-done dwarven language I've been working on for too long.. DFHack, on the other hand.. My dwarves have been blessed by Armok with constant teleportation ability and enhanced speed :O (fastdwarf 1 and fastdwarf tele 1) The sick truth! I play with hyper-speed teleporting dwarves all the time now.. Originally it was something I'd only do in older forts to help with pathing fps, but now.. I'm hooked! Swift dwarves that never have to haul materials (they teleport and grab the item and then teleport to the stockpile).. Plus the hideously fast mining speed.. Its put vanilla DF gameplay-pace into underwater slow-motion now :|

Anyway, there is that :> I'll go turn off teleporting and see if its interfering somehow..

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 11:21:34 pm »

THATS A TERRIBLE QUESTION.. because.. it makes me reveal.. the sick truth!

No mods at all, save a half-done dwarven language I've been working on for too long.. DFHack, on the other hand.. My dwarves have been blessed by Armok with constant teleportation ability and enhanced speed :O (fastdwarf 1 and fastdwarf tele 1) The sick truth! I play with hyper-speed teleporting dwarves all the time now.. Originally it was something I'd only do in older forts to help with pathing fps, but now.. I'm hooked! Swift dwarves that never have to haul materials (they teleport and grab the item and then teleport to the stockpile).. Plus the hideously fast mining speed.. Its put vanilla DF gameplay-pace into underwater slow-motion now :|

Anyway, there is that :> I'll go turn off teleporting and see if its interfering somehow..

I know teleporting screws up pathing in some instances, but if you're still having issues, maybe tossing the save up on DFFD and letting some fresh eyes take a look.  Sometimes these little issues just take somebody else looking at it from another angle.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2014, 11:23:35 pm »

Yeah, I had an issue with nobody collecting food anywhere, but one person looked for a few seconds and fixed it. Fresh eyes are useful.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 12:46:28 am »

'brew drink from plant' won't show up in the brewery

If "won't show up" means that the job is *missing* then your raws are scrogged.

If the job is there but unusable then you have a resource problem. Burrow workshop restrictions, linked stockpiles, and dwarves hauling all your plants are the common culprits.

I've had two dwarves dehydrate, one fisherman while standing next to water (and two tiles from the well)

Do you have a water-source zone and empty buckets?

dwarf_reform

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 02:13:59 am »

I may upload it; turning off teleporting did no good.. I'm pretty sure the only pile link I ever made was concerning a masterwork furniture/armor/weapon pile, and I deleted it shortly after.. It shows everything in the Still list, but still won't show that I've got the supplies for booze-making.. Just bought fresh fruit off the merchants hoping it'd show up, but no.. :(

In my central hall I dfhack'ed up a 2x3 channeled pool with a river source in it, followed by a drinking/fishing designation and a well.. And then I started getting dwarves upset about the lack of a well, in spite of the quite nice one I'd provided :> I built a second one and don't think that fixed it.. Also checked to make sure none of its components got forbade, but we're clear on that.. I actually ran a complete-map reclamation so for now nothing should be forbidden.. And the water under the well is clean, too..

The only oddity I can think of is that I've got two food stockpiles, one set to make use of barrels/storage, the other with no storage allowed so that its just food laid out on the ground.. I've done this in previous forts with no trouble though.. Maybe I botched something up concerning the burrow (all citizens are in it and it covers everything but the surface, shouldn't effect a brewer not being able to find plump helmets that're 10 tiles away from the still :>  )

EDIT/SOLVED/SORT OF SOLVED: Just built another still (this time out of nether-cap instead of gold; going to RP that it makes frosty booze for them) up north of the old one and its detecting all my brewables + barrels/pots while the old one isn't.. They're both in the same burrow, no forbids/restrictions/workshop profiles/stockpile links.. Curious :>
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 05:51:19 pm by dwarf_reform »