Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Burring slabs and the "expand menu"  (Read 374 times)

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Burring slabs and the "expand menu"
« on: October 19, 2014, 11:31:41 pm »

Hello

I'm looking at the wiki on getting rid of ghosts (I have 2, might as well get things under control eh?).  I've made slabs and engraved them.  But when I go to bury them, I can't choose which one I want to bury.  The Wiki says "press x to expand the menu" but that doesn't seem to do anything... what am I not getting here?

thanks,

Edit:  I hate it when I find an answer 2 minutes after making a post - the x has to be press after you chose the location, not before.   Those ghosts are goners! ...er I mean, will finally get to rest
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 11:36:19 pm by Ancalagon_TB »
hamster cheese supplies are low

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: Burring slabs and the "expand menu"
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 11:43:38 pm »

Well you don't need to bury them at all to get rid of ghosts.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Ancalagon_TB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 12:16:37 am »

well I had to "place" them - just engraving them wasn't enough.
hamster cheese supplies are low

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 11:58:07 pm »

Yeah, there isn't much of a way to determine which slabs are engraved and which aren't. So you're just going to have to build them all and deconstruct the ones that aren't engraved. Hint: you can examine the built slabs by hovering over them with <t>. In the future, I suggest only crafting as many as you need to engrave. Or better yet, try not to lose the bodies and build coffins instead, you can place those ahead of time and dwarves will use them as they need them without any need for juggling the things between workshops.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 12:22:42 am »

Yeah, there isn't much of a way to determine which slabs are engraved and which aren't.
There totally is. Engraved slabs are labeled memorial after e[x]panding the list. OP's problem was that he wasn't at the right menu yet. Additionally, pressing 'v' will give you more info on the slab to be placed (whether or not you've e[x]panded the list.)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 12:40:33 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?