Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Warmachine: Mecha Suggestion Game  (Read 7309 times)

Ambidextrous

• Bay Watcher
  • Actually no, not really.
    • View Profile
Re: Warmachine: Mecha Suggestion Game
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2014, 04:56:08 am »

"They call me Flashbang, because I get thrown into the air before exploding into pieces and ruining everyone's eyes and ears."
Not what I had in mind, but still gave me a laugh. ;)
A) Long range load out sounds like exactly what our bread and butter will be on the battle feild.

As for after training...

1. Exercise to get stronger and more mentally fit when things get shaky in the cockpit. The extra strength is to keep our cool and our aim straight.

2. Read about the Role's of our military. Things like what we use and what they have been known to destory, as well as find out how our military is organized.

3. Maybe we should chat up with that red haired lady. It'd be nice to know about how mech's work and why ours is so much more unique...An maybe we can have a "friend" to talk to personally with  8).

+1
+1

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2014, 09:58:48 am »

"They call me Flashbang, because I get thrown into the air before exploding into pieces and ruining everyone's eyes and ears."
Not what I had in mind, but still gave me a laugh. ;)
I will never understand why anyone thought that name was a good idea.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2014, 02:58:08 pm »

A: long range

Spend free time singing from rooftops.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Warmachine: Mecha Suggestion Game
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2014, 11:42:42 pm »

A) Long Range Loadout
------
1. Exercise to get stronger and more mentally fit when things get shaky in the cockpit. The extra strength is to keep our cool and our aim straight.
2. Read about the Role's of our military. Things like what we use and what they have been known to destroy, as well as find out how our military is organized.
3. Maybe we should chat up with that red haired lady. It'd be nice to know about how mech's work and why ours is so much more unique...An maybe we can have a "friend" to talk to personally with  8).

The next week or so goes by quickly as you throw yourself into the training at hand, your combat style tends towards the use of the Long Range loadout for the practice model, and you quickly learn to make excellent use of the range your weapons give you and the sheer speed the lightweight practice model provides. Throughout eight training sessions you manage to win six, one of which you perform outstandingly as you manage to take out the entire force of <Barracudas> in the span of four minutes as you show your seemingly outstanding talent for sniping. All in all as the training sessions carry on you find yourself growing better at controlling your machine, and your performance certainly increases however the sessions simply increase in difficulty as Sander's puts forth more of the <Barracudas> to act as your opponents. He even goes so far as to change the terrain at the bottom of the bay by having them set up boulders, and bits of plating scattered around to restrict your total vision, by the final session you're struggling to even take out a fourth of the <Barracudas> in the highly changed bay area ...

----

You split your spare time among three activities for the most part, the first is exercise and training to improve your overall fitness and psyche, the second is delving into the books your library contains on the Oceanic Alliance's military, and the final one is your visiting Julius during your spare time. Your training goes fairly well, and as the days drag on you find yourself quickly able to step up the difficulty and length of your workouts as your fitness grows to meet the demands you are putting on your body throughout the training. Its not great progress, but any progress is better than none.

Your study of the Oceanic Alliance's military goes extremely well as you learn a bit about how the overall command structure is organized, basically the military has a central organization called OA High Command that oversees the three theater organizations which are the Osthon Front Command, Varis Front Command, and Zelaban Front Command. These three groups are responsible for the safety, and continued security of their assigned zones with the internal matters of the military focused primarily on anti-terrorism and pirate actions falls under the command of Oceanic Internal Affairs Center who make use of military assets for covert and home security purposes. Due to the situation of the Oceanic Alliance being made up entirely of island nations the OA's military is focused almost entirely on naval forces making their navy the strongest of the world's four superpowers, meanwhile their airforce and infantry organizations appear to be kept at the bear minimum needed to support the naval assets. However when you look for units and info on things the military has been known to face you find that all recent conflicts are against pirates and terrorists, a war hasn't occurred between the OA and any of the other powers in many years. (See a spoiler further down for some info on some of the assets the OA makes use of.)

Finally, when you can find the time to spare from your training and research you go visit Julius though more often than not you end up visiting her while she's in her office in the Information Analysis Department. You're surprised to find her office cluttered with papers, books, and even a handful of blueprints which you later learn are for earlier models of the <MSV-III Barracuda> which Julius helped design. Aside from that the rest of her office is taken up mostly by computer cases, and monitors crammed into every corner she could find the room for one leaving only a small area at the center of this mess for anyone to actually move around in, more often then not you find her there staring at various displays and typing away at a keyboard with a pace you find unusually fast. However every time you come to visit she always stops her work, and gladly starts chatting with you.

At first your conversations are a bit awkward, mostly filled with talk about your training sessions and how well you, or the practice model was managing to perform in the situations Sanders was throwing at you, but by the end of the week you've managed to somewhat hit it off and start talking about other topics. The turning point comes when you ask Julius about what she does at SSM during one of your first meetings, and much to your surprise she replies that she's one of the head researchers here at SSM. She created most of the current models of the <Barracudas>, and is even the one who designed the <Gorgon> which Sanders seemed to be so proud of. You come away from your meetings with the feeling that you're getting closer to Julius, if only in that you to can talk easily instead of most of your conversations defaulting to your training these days.

----

With over a week having passed Sanders informs you that today will be a special training session to test your progress up to this point by changing from the original style of training, instead of going head to head against a large number of <Barracudas> alone with orders to defeat a certain number of them you're being faced off a squadron of <Barracudas> backed by two surface vessels of unknown armament. You'll have the assistance of three <Barracudas> to simulate the type of missions you'll be undertaking in the field with the number of support units the OA would give you, and the objective of getting within range to identify the unknown ships, proceeding to test the enemies' defenses, and then withdrawing successfully. Sanders' exact words were,

"Hektor, your group will win if you successfully close in on, identify the unknown vessels' armaments, and then disable at least one of the vessels before pulling back. Your unit will lose if your unit is put out of action, or you fail to identify the vessels' armaments before your support units are wiped out requiring you to abandon the mission."

Sighing you lean back in the control seat, and feel the familiar jolt of pain as you connect with the <Concept Drive>. Taking a look out from the garage and across the bay you see that the ships aren't stationed in the bay itself meaning you'll be heading out into the ocean proper to pinpoint your targets, as for your support units they are to join you after you've entered the bay and are being controlled by Julius and the others while your opponents are apparently some higher ups from the Analysis Department. Julius, Adam, and Titus wish you luck as you start to move towards the bay with a plan of action already forming in your mind ...

Spoiler: Hektor Lokisson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Practice Model (click to show/hide)

----

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:46:39 pm by adwarf »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 14, 2014, 11:56:46 pm »

"Triton here i'm going to begin the operation."

Head out quickly with our barracudas behind us. Move around the deepest parts and look around for enemy units. Only snipe enemy barracudas IF they are confirmed to be isolated.Only kill barracudas with the sniper if absolutely necessary otherwise kill him with the pistol. Primarily look for the two vessels and figure out which one is more open to be disable an then do so with our sniper (an hopefully long range). Then do so.

Let's try to pull some underwater metal gear sneaking around here. An by that i mean let's not leave a trail of destruction that will alarm the vessels. If even one barracuda is destroyed they may be alarmed. An that will make them start being careful, which we don't want.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 11:59:12 pm by 3man75 »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2014, 12:35:30 am »

This is Triton! Beginning the operation!

((Barracudas are powered by propellers. If we order ours to hit the water cold, we should be able to remain undetected by the surface craft as long as we're walking on the bay floor and not using thrusters since the ships rely on sonar, and the enemy Barracudas can't find us either unless they actively search for us. We're extra safe since those warships use traditional engines that make a lot of background noise, and we're powered by a reactor thing!))

Order our Barracudas not to move! Have them power down. Keep our weapons stowed during this, obviously: collect them by hand and push them towards the enemy while walking along the bay floor. Position each one upon the bay floor, at even intervals from one another, beneath the enemy's position on the surface.

Look up and identify each ship's class from the silhouette below!

And that's it for now.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2014, 02:38:23 am »

Order our Barracudas not to move! Have them power down. Keep our weapons stowed during this, obviously: collect them by hand and push them towards the enemy while walking along the bay floor. Position each one upon the bay floor, at even intervals from one another, beneath the enemy's position on the surface.

+1This sounds good, but be wary of modifications. The silhouette only tells us what their armaments 'should' be, not what they are...
Take it slow. Remain concealed, locate and predict patrol routes, and try to avoid any contact. Once the initial identification is completed, get to a distance near to shallow cover and surface for direct confirmation of the armaments. Then engage to disable, try to snipe the rudders on the largest vessels before withdrawing.

Friendzone Julius.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2014, 11:11:05 am »

This sounds good, but be wary of modifications. The silhouette only tells us what their armaments 'should' be, not what they are...

Friendzone Julius.
I don't think we have any Oceanic Alliance vessels just lying around for us to train with anyways.

+1

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2014, 01:18:27 pm »

+1This sounds good, but be wary of modifications. The silhouette only tells us what their armaments 'should' be, not what they are...
Take it slow. Remain concealed, locate and predict patrol routes, and try to avoid any contact. Once the initial identification is completed, get to a distance near to shallow cover and surface for direct confirmation of the armaments. Then engage to disable, try to snipe the rudders on the largest vessels before withdrawing.

Friendzone Julius.

Were kinda in the middle of something..

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2014, 01:30:18 pm »

Friendzone Julius.

Were kinda in the middle of something..
+1
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2014, 10:55:59 pm »

I'm sorry for the absence of updates, but I started taking a break from the forums and stuff to try and relax for a bit, and power through some writer's block I had. Recently some personal stuff has been happening so I won't be updating this for a week or two while that gets dealt with, and when I manage to get the drive back for actually writing. Sorry in advance about the short hiatus, and thanks to all of you who've been playing this since its been a lot of fun for me to run.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2014, 07:07:29 am »

Ok
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]