Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Werebeast Question  (Read 754 times)

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
Werebeast Question
« on: October 15, 2014, 11:05:33 pm »

Is it possible for a dwarf infected with the werebeast curse to become hungry prior to their first transformation?

Little background:  I had 3 people who look to have been bitten in a fight with a werebeast during it's attack.  I've sealed all three of them up in a room while I figure out what to do with them.  However, one of them has become hungry.  The wiki indicates that werebeasts never get hungry as characters; but I have no idea if this extends to dwarves.  Especially whether it extends to dwarves prior to the first transformation.

He's a legendary craftdwarf and there's enough time to get him out of there if this is a sure sign that he's not infected.  I'd like to save him from being mauled by the other two if possible.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: Werebeast Question
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 11:15:19 pm »

In short: yes.

In long: yes, because unlike the vampire gift curse, it doesn't cancel out sleep, hunger, and thirst, just they transform before it becomes needed, and then it resets.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 11:15:52 pm »

In short: yes.

In long: yes, because unlike the vampire gift curse, it doesn't cancel out sleep, hunger, and thirst, just they transform before it becomes needed, and then it resets.

Bummer.

Guess I'll leave him with the werehare brothers.

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 11:32:54 pm »

Huh, well, turns out only one of the three was actually a werebeast.

Wasn't him.

Not that it matters anymore.  Next time I'll insist on digging separate isolation chambers for the bitten.