Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Giant Olm Babies?  (Read 1313 times)

Malkyne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Giant Olm Babies?
« on: November 20, 2014, 04:23:56 am »

I have some trained Giant Olms.  My female Giant Olm keeps having twins.  Weirdly, she seems to give birth to fully grown Giant Olms.  Unfortunately, this means I can never tame the darn things.  I can imagine it becoming very time consuming for my poor Trainers to constantly maintain my Giant Olm herd.  Is it supposed to be like this?  Should I try to fix it in the Raws?  Any thoughts?

Badger Storm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Giant Olm Babies?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 06:22:29 am »

Don't fortress-born animals never fully revert to the wild state?  I've had tons and tons of giant toads, and as far as I can remember they were all born fully grown and with some degree of tameness.  Regardless, adding a [CHILD:1] tag to the raws might help, though it might also slow down breeding (which can be a good thing).

taptap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Giant Olm Babies?
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 10:44:35 am »

I have some trained Giant Olms.  My female Giant Olm keeps having twins.  Weirdly, she seems to give birth to fully grown Giant Olms.  Unfortunately, this means I can never tame the darn things.  I can imagine it becoming very time consuming for my poor Trainers to constantly maintain my Giant Olm herd.  Is it supposed to be like this?  Should I try to fix it in the Raws?  Any thoughts?

They have no child form, but they are still smaller. You can maintain quite large herds of "undomesticable" animals even with a single dedicated trainer - such a herd is a great way to learn animal trainer skill which will never really take off with 2nd generation tame animals.