Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there a DFhack script for teleporting long distances?  (Read 4196 times)

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is there a DFhack script for teleporting long distances?
« on: October 06, 2014, 10:39:41 pm »

Specifically, I'm interested in crossing the ocean without an hour's worth of lag (I've done it more than once, and that's no exaggeration). I noticed a script in my dfhack folder labeled "teleport.lua," but I can't find any documentation on it, and I just get an error message when I try to use it. Any idea how to use this script, or if there is one available that would let me cross the ocean easily?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a DFhack script for teleporting long distances?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 11:12:05 pm »

I think that's actually for fort mode when you set dwarves to teleport around.

As for what you're looking for, you'd have to ask in the thread for DFhack.

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
Re: Is there a DFhack script for teleporting long distances?
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 04:01:03 am »

What was the error message?

Code: [Select]
"Needs a position, a unit ID or both, but not neither!"This message is displayed if you supply invalid parameters.

It looks like (from my limited experience with Lua) params are passed as name/value pairs:
x=%integer%  y=%integer%  z=%integer%     Sets the teleport destination, xyz can be found with the 'showpos' parameter and 3D cursor
unit=%unit_id%   Sets the unit to be teleported. Unit ID can be found by selecting the unit in question and passing 'showunitid'

I'm not sure, but I think that, in .34.11, the adventurer was either UnitID 0 or UnitID 1. I'd try 1 first, worst that would happen is that UnitID 1 was something very unpleasant.
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.