Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Classic Dungeon Crawler RPG: Dungeon Kingdom - Trailer is live !  (Read 2054 times)

eoliene

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Classic Dungeon Crawler RPG: Dungeon Kingdom - Trailer is live !
« on: September 16, 2014, 06:18:04 am »

Hello every one,

I want to introduce you a rpg Game, Dungeon Kingdom: Sign of the moon. If you ever played to Dungeon Master, Eye of the Beholder and all games of this genre, you'll know what i am talking about when mentioning it is a real time Dungeon Crawler  ;D

Here is a screenshot:

I wanted to create such a game for some years, and last year i started to seek for the right people (mainly artists) to work with me on the project.

The game has several innovative features compared to other crawlers, like real physics, burn environment, less constraints (no grid snaping along height axis...).

We plan to release it on pc/mac/linux/ios/android/oculus, and it's quite advanced.

Feel free to ask more details about it, i'll be very happy to reply.

Regards.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 02:44:57 pm by eoliene »

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
Re: Classic Dungeon Crawler RPG for pc / mac / ios / linux / android / oculus
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 05:42:48 pm »

As you "plan to release it" you are at least on the right boards, though "Obligatory notice that first post of this nature is generally considered advertisement", but people usually forgive it if the dev is active in the thread.

That said, as this is creative projects, do you have a blog on the progress you have done on the game?  Can you go into more detail on the mechanics, and is anything else still planned or is it mostly finished and now in tweaks/level design? 
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 08:16:13 pm »

This looks interesting. I like the design and aesthetics of everything, and for a (presumably) small team, the graphics from a purely technical standpoint looks great. It does seem a touch bright for a dungeon, though, but I understand why you would want to ignore that from a gameplay perspective. Of course, what really makes or breaks the visual design of a lot of the game is how it looks in motion, but the screenshot is promising. I'd really like more details on the mechanics, world, story, etc. though. In particular, if you have a dev blog somewhere, I'd love a link to it. Aside from that, though, some more details in general would be nice.

That said, as this is creative projects, do you have a blog on the progress you have done on the game?  Can you go into more detail on the mechanics, and is anything else still planned or is it mostly finished and now in tweaks/level design?
tl;dr: What he said.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

eoliene

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 04:47:47 am »

Thanks for your interest dudes. I am out right now, but i'll reply to all your questions as soon as i am back. 

About the blog, i usually post on the main website www.DungeonKingdom.com, i wrote a few technical articles and also on IndieDB.

See you a bit later :)
Regards.

eoliene

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 09:46:36 am »

As you "plan to release it" you are at least on the right boards, though "Obligatory notice that first post of this nature is generally considered advertisement", but people usually forgive it if the dev is active in the thread.

Yes, it's not released yet. We are trying to build a community for the game. So indeed, we try to reach people by introducing the game. We are listening at anybody's opinion, it's important to get as many feedbacks as possible to improve the game  :)

eoliene

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 09:53:19 am »

This looks interesting. I like the design and aesthetics of everything, and for a (presumably) small team, the graphics from a purely technical standpoint looks great. It does seem a touch bright for a dungeon, though, but I understand why you would want to ignore that from a gameplay perspective. Of course, what really makes or breaks the visual design of a lot of the game is how it looks in motion, but the screenshot is promising. I'd really like more details on the mechanics, world, story, etc. though. In particular, if you have a dev blog somewhere, I'd love a link to it. Aside from that, though, some more details in general would be nice.

Well Dungeon Kingdom is a real time dungeon crawler, like the great ones from the 16 bits era (Dungeon Master, Chaos Strikes Back, Eye of the Beholder...) and more recently grimrock.

We want the game to be awesome and working very hard on the details tension factor, immersion.Being players of dungeon crawlers ourselves, we have vision towards what should be added to the game genre to enhance it further.

We have added a many features that were not included in previous real time dungeon crawlers until Dungeon Kingdom:Sign of the Moon, let's list some of them:

-Real physics. As a few dudes told us, they didn't miss real physics engine in grimrock, but when seeing our videos with torch falling in the stairs or throwing items freely with realistic animation make sense and is very nice. I would add, that it's also a great source for new kind of puzzles, based on physics.
-Cross platform features. As an example, saved games sharing ! You can start playing on PC, get your saved game from the cloud and continue playing on your tablet at the office during you lunch break.
-New kind of interactions: i will only give one for now, but you can burn some elements in the environments. Again, it's giving us some new gameplay possibilities!
-We have a real story design. The player won't be crawling in the corridors without any plot.And by story, it's not just a quick designed one.
We plan to make several games in the world of Dungeon Kingdom, and we created a complete world with an history. The game is starting at the  the dawn of the fourth age, in the land of pohe fakesys, created by the Adwij godness. The key events of the previous age are already documented !
-We will offer several play mode to fit any player experience.
-We have continuous levels. When you go down the stairs or fall in a pit, there is no fading screen or loading (except for major environments change). We wanted to break the flow. Also, again, it's a source of new gameplay possibilities. Just giving you a simple example: In Dungeon Kingdom, you can see what is happening in the level beneath you, is there is a grid on the floor under your feet. you can imagine stacking some rocks on a closed pit in front of you, and opening it at the right time when the creature arrives under that pit! More generally speaking, we want to give the player the opportunity to use the environment so he won't be forced to always fight. I can tell you, the doors which hurts some creatures going through it are back in Dungeon crawlers! We didn't see it since Dungeon Master and we are happy for our players, especialy the feature has been requested to us a few times !
-Despite the grid constraint when moving, well suited for mobile, but also on pc for fast action accuracy required by real time dungeon crawlers, we have nos restriction on height axis: you can imagine taking an elevator, falling from a cliff...
-NPC : in Dungeon Kingdom, we are not alone in the game. We'll meet some NPC, and they will be an important connection to the Story.
-Different environments. I don't want to spoil, but i think player will be surprised by what is awaiting them.

As a reminder, you can see more screenshots on our site:
www.DungeonKingdom.com

Regards.
kanda

eoliene

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Trailer for Dungeon Kingdom : Sign of the Moon
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 02:44:19 pm »

Hello all,

I have uploaded our trailer for Dungeon Kingdom : Sign of the Moon, to boost ou crawdfunding campaign on indiegogo. You can watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-kZeRqb-1c

Regards.