Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strange cancellation message  (Read 509 times)

nimbus25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Strange cancellation message
« on: October 07, 2014, 06:13:01 pm »

I don't even know what this means. Did my quarry bush become a "dangerous creature", or is it something else? I did have some newly-adult Turkeys set to slaughter, is that the reason? Or is this just a dwarven quirk?

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
Re: Strange cancellation message
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 06:26:58 pm »

I don't even know what this means. Did my quarry bush become a "dangerous creature", or is it something else? I did have some newly-adult Turkeys set to slaughter, is that the reason? Or is this just a dwarven quirk?

It means they just took one of your animals to get sheared or milked.  It's a bug that's been around pretty much as long as milking and shearing has.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 06:27:55 pm »

Its not dangerous, nor does it cancel the job in a way that destroys it.

Say if you saw a canceled workshop order.  That job is still in that workshop.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 07:58:45 pm »

It usually seems to mean that someone (maybe the same dwarf) just did a shearing or milking job in that farmer's workshop and when they were done, they did the typical dwarfy thing and just left the animal there. So now Uzol wants to pluck some quarry bush leaves and stuff then in a sack, but there's a sheep standing in the workshop. So he changes plans and instead leads the "dangerous" sheep back to its pasture.

Reality in this case, is far more mundane than the message would lead one to think.

Keith
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.