Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Advventure Mode: Help with an army on the march  (Read 341 times)

smithms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Advventure Mode: Help with an army on the march
« on: October 06, 2014, 01:44:34 am »

The fortress that I was using as a base of operations is at war with an elven group.  I guess over lumber? ( the treatment of plants )  Supposedly my fellow dwarves are paying tribute but there are two elves leading an army to this fortress and most of the dwarves are bugging out...  ( a group of refugees has left Apesattic just ahead of the arrival of the army of the Thorn of Murder ).

My personal preference would be to track down this army and ... persuade them ... to spend their time someplace else.  Like... in the dirt... as fertilizer.

How can I manage this?  They didn't show up on fast travel and they don't seem to be hanging around the fortress.  Is there an in-game or exploit method that I could use ( v. 0.40.12 ) to locate a giant pile of elves to murder?

If nothing else, I kind of owe it to the inhabitants of this fortress.  They had all these cats that were killing my framerate so I kind of threw a rock at one? Which kind of set off a riot.  Which maybe got a lot of guys in this fortress killed and destroyed some buildings...  So... I kind of feel like I need to do these guys a solid.