Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Census/Poll: Any Mech-E/EE/'Maker'/Robotics b12'ers out there?  (Read 679 times)

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Census/Poll: Any Mech-E/EE/'Maker'/Robotics b12'ers out there?
« on: October 01, 2014, 10:20:49 am »

We have a programming thread. A computer thread. A bunch of other general interest threads. But, what I don't see much, if at all, is a thread of aforementioned topics in any alive and noticeable capacity.

I'm not sure if that's due to a tendency for aforementioned topical people to chill on b12, or if we simply haven't risen up and created a thread. Both are feasible with probable explanations backing them up.

Feel free to say hi, if you're one of them. This mystery has been on my mind for a while. kthxbai.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Census/Poll: Any Mech-E/EE/'Maker'/Robotics b12'ers out there?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 10:28:07 am »

I know Descan is taking biomedical engineering, IIRC.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 10:36:29 am »

I mess around with an Arduino when I have time. Does that count?

I need to order an H-bridge, but I keep putting it off until I have a few other things to get because shipping is a flat rate.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 10:41:31 am »

I made some growlights for my aquaponics system.  I'm not terribly handy for the most part though, I've only got a basic understanding of electronics.  I've got an Arduino, but I haven't done anything with it.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 10:47:25 am »

I was an engineering student for a while but it seemed pretty disconnected from anything practical.  My grad coursework in macro-economics actually feels more connected to the "real world" to me which is kinda weird.  I worked in light manufacturing for a while, making plastics and small metal pieces.  That was a fun job but there wasn't enough work for full time and the pay was crap.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 11:34:35 am »

Oh, cool. So not crickets. I guess I'll, um... post a project I made a few days ago, just 'cause.

It's a real-time manual stepper driver setup to drive motors manually. After wasting an entire day at a robotics startup trying to figure out how to test our product without having to code and re-compile every move manually, I made this using some electronics we had there. Opvid.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.