Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I want to help a Voiceless friend on Teamspeak...  (Read 740 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I want to help a Voiceless friend on Teamspeak...
« on: September 28, 2014, 05:25:56 am »

Hey, thought I would ask here considering how many techsavvy folks are Bay12ers...

Anyway, I have a friend that likes to hang with us on TS3 and such but he can't use his mic for family reasons leaving him to stick with Text, but this means that sometimes he is missed when he tries to communicate with us all. So I was hoping someone would know a way to get a good Text to Speech system working were he can type into TS and it reads out what he says to us...

This would help a lot cause he also plays DnD in our group and his actions and communications can get missed in heat of the moment things where everyone is already sorta talking over eachother trying to figure out what to do next and he is trying his best to inform people he knows or wants to ask the DM a question when they are trying to keep up with the voices...

Anyone got any ideas???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: I want to help a Voiceless friend on Teamspeak...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 10:57:29 am »

Doesn't teamspeak already have a text to voice system when you type? I know mumble does.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 11:31:02 am »

Doesn't teamspeak already have a text to voice system when you type? I know mumble does.
I thought it was only on your end. Actually, will go check next time he is on...
I was thinking more of program or something that can do it on his end so we ALL hear his Text to Speech without me having to request the slackers which is everyone else to put the Text to Speech option on...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2014, 11:34:00 am »

Ah, that's probably it, in mumble the text to speech option is on by default for everyone, so everything gets read out automatically. Other than that I don't know of any good programs that would work well for the type and forget type of conversion you would be looking for.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.