Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: World of Darkness: Vampire - The Requiem  (Read 15145 times)

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
Re: World of Darkness: Vampire - The Requiem
« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2014, 07:16:12 pm »

Alexandria understood the concept. It's a bit like a walk by assassination: walk fast, get close, bump in to the target, do the deed, keep walking.
With steely determination, she walks hard and fast, one hand on her knife, the other swinging loose. Once she's in range, she grabs the man's head, making an opening, and bites. She tries to gauge how long she can suck for without permanently hurting him. Once done, she licks once, and walks on like nothing happened, and takes the first turn off.
Spoiler: ROLL (SUCCESS) (click to show/hide)
Your target never sees you coming. You bite into his neck, and the juices that flow forth are like a sweet nectar. Not metallic and gross like the taste of blood normally is, but a symphony of delicious flavors, as if this man's life and experiences have cooked and seasoned his lifeblood to perfection. Additionally, you can almost feel how much life he has left in him, and you make sure he has plenty enough to get home safely tonight.
You finish your meal, lick his wounds closed, and let go of him. As he steadies himself against his car, you disappear back into the shadows and round the block away from the scene, before Joey's smile flashes in the dark.
"Good job, girl. You are a natural born hunter!" He chuckles a bit, walking with you. "So how was your first taste?"
[6 VITAE GAINED]

Head out into the streets. Watch out for solitary individuals and such.
You don't have to walk too far before coming to a rather populated area in the University District that you would have to guess from signs and chatter is called The Ave. Most of the street is lit up by street lights, car headlights, and bar signs, and most of the people out at night seem to be either bar-hopping or sleeping on the street. You continue to walk down the street, and find a man near a construction site sipping a coffee. The dark circles around his eyes and five-o-clock shadow would indicate he's been struggling with insomnia for most of the night. Now would be a good time to pull him into an alley and do the deed while his senses are deadened and he's too tired to fight back.

((Woops, missed an update.))

Nervously, she reached out and took his hand. Allison rubbed the back of her neck, slightly bashfully. Not having much was not something she'd been used to throughout her life, and she found it embarassing not to have much.
"I... don't have much. My parents kicked me out not that long back. Well, more like I left rather abruptly. We didn't see eye to eye on things. I was staying with Alice for a while while I got things sorted out. I have a dress or two, but I guess I could borrow one of hers."
"Oh, no worries. I'm sure we can find you a good one. Marcus has contacts."
Bradley talks to Marcus, who calls someone. About five minutes later, a very fancy-looking limo pulls up to a nearby curb, and a sharply dressed Kindred gets out and proceeds to get your measurements, after he does so, he disappears back into the limo and reappears with a sequined red dress that seems to perfectly flatter your figure.
The Kindred speaks with a voice you would expect from a high-class butler, "If you require privacy to change, you may use the limousine. Please change quickly; the event will be starting soon, and we wouldn't want to be late."

"Let's walk."
Go with Charles.
Charles takes you to a small bar not too far away near Ravenna Park. The clientele is remarkably varied, although you don't see a single Kindred in the building. You and Charles sit down at the bar, and the bartender gives a smile and nod to you both, probably recognizing Charles as a regular.
Charles takes off his hat, stuffs it in his pocket, and starts to talk to you, "The fun this about all this stuff is that we get to talk about it in public, and nobody really cares. They think it's all a game or something. Anyway, you might want to hold off on ordering anything. It takes a lot out of you, keeping real food and drink down. Plus, it's pretty painful coming back up."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 27, 2014, 08:52:20 pm »

"Thank you," Allsion muttered, clambering into the limo to change. She stuffed her clothing into a bundle and folded her hoody into a makeshift bag, leaving it on the limo seat. For what she'd seen of things so far, she was pretty certain they'd find their way back. Exiting the figure, she paused to admire herself in the reflect of the limo's window, before turning to her new 'father'. She sure as hell wasn't going to call him 'Daddy' though.

"Ok, I'm ready. I suppose immortals would have a long time ot build up a bank account, especially if you only drink blood and stuff."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2014, 12:55:29 am »

"Delicious. How often do we have to drink?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2014, 01:52:44 am »

Here go the ol' hunting instincts, Alissa thinks to herself a little derisively.

Look to the left!

Look to the right!

Look all around while getting closer to the guy! Is anyone around? Can anyone see?

If not, pull him into the alley, put him in a compliance hold and drain a bit out of him. Not a lot, obviously. Just enough to feel reasonably fed. Follow the process along mentally, make sure not to get carried away.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2014, 05:00:35 am »

((This still open for new characters or is there a waitlist?))
Yes and no. If you make your character and PM the sheet to me, I'll introduce them at the earliest convenience, which will probably be tomorrow night IG. I don't know how long it's going to be until then, though, so you may have to wait a bit.
((Um, trying to write up a sheet, but the merit list on the first page doesn't work. Also, how many/which disciplines do we get to choose from?))

((Oh, and I'm going with a Nosferatu Brawler/Sorta-Information-Broker. This is either going to be brilliant or awful.))
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]