Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adopted - Play as a dog, dealing with your humans  (Read 899 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Adopted - Play as a dog, dealing with your humans
« on: October 13, 2014, 04:54:00 pm »

Doing a bit of shameless promotion here. A small dev studio started up in the building I work in, and they've been slaving away for more than a few months on their first game. They're going to Kickstarter soon, but they wanted some feedback and general playtesting first.

About the game:

"A social exploration and puzzle solving game where you play Luchador, a rescue dog. Explore and sniff to discover the challenges your owners face and make real-time decisions that drastically change their fate."

In short, it's a game played from the first person perspective of a dog. You move about your house, sniff things, visualize scent trails, can manipulate objects in your house and your owners react to the things you do. (Getting mad when you destroy something, poop, ect....) I've seen the prototype and demo grow over the last few months, and I think it's the kind of game that cleaves to Bay12's particular sense of "fun."

www.clockworkdemon.com/adopted <---- Main page, shows the general look of the game.
http://www.clockworkdemon.com/calling-all-playtesters/ <---- Application form. There's a questionnaire they're asking people to answer because it relates to their funding.....and a post-testing questionnaire if you're interested in giving your feedback.

They'd appreciate any honest feedback people have to give.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 05:45:41 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
Re: Adopted - Play as a dog, dealing with your humans
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 09:46:11 pm »

What's that?  Timmy's in the well?

Sounds like it could be neato, though I would prefer to see more than just concepts.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Adopted - Play as a dog, dealing with your humans
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 10:02:09 pm »

The storyline is a little more.....yeah. I won't spoil it.

Fill out the survey and you get the demo-alpha-thing, afaik.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 10:10:18 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti