Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Slight Trade Depot Problem  (Read 457 times)

Malek Deneith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Slight Trade Depot Problem
« on: May 11, 2008, 06:35:00 am »

I started playing DF after some time of break and I have a slight problem with trade depot - or more precisely with hauling goods back from it. After merchants leave the depot my dwarves seem to ignore any bought goods left inside. I think I saw this reported as a bug in the past, but I figured I'd ask - perhaps there is a way around it.

mizipzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Blog
Re: Slight Trade Depot Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 06:39:00 am »

Maybe a stupid question, but have you made sure you actually have stockpile for the goods and that there is space available in them?

Malek Deneith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 06:50:00 am »

I'll double check on than once home (posting from school right now :P), but yeah,I'm fairly sure of that I have right stockpiles and that they have enough free space.

Sevrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 07:33:00 am »

I've noticed the issues once or twice myself with bins I'd carried out to sell stuff out of.  the bins never came back inside for some reason, and my furniture stocks were almost empty. Didn't really think anything of it though
Demon of Darkness

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 08:36:00 am »

I keep noticing things sitting in my depot too. But like Sevrun, I've just been ignoring it. It tempts the mandrills into my traps.  ;)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Malek Deneith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 11:11:00 am »

Well damn... it looks that all that was sitting in my depot was leather, and interestingly enough leather doesn't fall under finished goods or refuse but has a stockpile setting of it's own. Set up a new stockpile, hopefully it'll fix the problem  :)

Temetrix - Nilk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 12:32:00 pm »

If something gets really stuck inside the depot... one could also de- and reconstruct it. By doing this you should get your stuff out.
um-beer coockies!