Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Aleaces - Goblins stole the beer (TURN 1, ATTEMPT 2)  (Read 2778 times)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: Aleaces - Goblins stole the beer (TURN 1, FORTRESS DEATH)
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2014, 07:29:45 am »

who me?  Didn't someone else sign up before me?
if not ok i'll do that sometime tomorrow
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aleaces - Goblins stole the beer (TURN 1, ATTEMPT 2)
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2014, 10:43:41 am »

Why don't you just bring one barrel of alcohol  intill you get the well ready. Say story wise it's the last alcohol in the world.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2014, 11:14:03 am »

Why don't you just bring one barrel of alcohol  intill you get the well ready. Say story wise it's the last alcohol in the world.
Why?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2014, 11:33:04 am »

Why?
keeps the dwarfs from going mad in the first few months but it's just a suggestion

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2014, 11:44:13 am »

Because at reclaim, the water may still be frozen? In general, a dry fort should be start-able without bringing drinks along. Getting a winter-safe water source is top priority and should be done by the end of the first season on the site. Not least because after one season, work speed will start to die thanks to withdrawal. Basically, everyone who's on the site for over half a year will work atrociously slowly. Anyway, drinking just water is no problem at start - the beards may get slight "lack of a well" unhappiness, but that hardly matters; once you have a well with clean water, dry dwarfs should be happier than dwarfs drinking nothing but plump helmet wine.

I wouldn't play this challenge long-term. Ultra-slow dwarfs with no self-sourced access to clothes aren't my cup of tea. Not to mention bying into the tiresome obsession with gratuitous elf-hate.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2014, 06:46:37 pm »

Why?
keeps the dwarfs from going mad in the first few months but it's just a suggestion
I don't think we need to make it easier.. I like the idea of the challenge of TOTAL sobriety
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 08:57:25 pm »

Soo, are there any pics of the fort, the location, the world, or anything?

Also +1 to sobriety.  If its frozen topside I guess you should dig a cistern under the ice and pray.  Or dig for the caverns right away.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

bigjaredmonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace-ace ace-ace of ace-aces
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2014, 04:28:58 pm »

pisskop, story wise, the dwarves are punished with sobriety. that's why the main challenge is sobriety.
This is a birch door. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. On the item is an image of ravens in birch.
Noob fortress, a succession game for noobs.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157847.0
Pages: 1 [2]