Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zombie Archer??  (Read 649 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Zombie Archer??
« on: September 22, 2014, 08:46:33 am »

Apparently my zombie invasion is all archers who still have and remember how to use their bows.
This is new, right? Zombies didn't always keep all their skills from life, did they?

Ohgodsone'sinmymoat.

Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Archer??
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 09:49:33 am »

Yup new. zombies are now perfectly able to use what they are holding in their hands. Adn that includes the armour they wear.

Have fun trying to deal with iron or worse steel clad zombies. :P

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 01:24:50 am »

There are 60 of them! They've slaughtered three migrating herds of Rhinoceros! Every time some creature wanders onto my spit of land it looks like static on screen from the number of shots raining down and about and everywhere, since they've spread themselves pretty evenly around the map.

Who cares what armor they have, there's no fighting this.

Looks like my fortress will devote its second year (and possibly ever year after that) to cowering in the caverns, walling off enough of them to start a Giant Toad Farm.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 01:27:52 am »

Ye gods. I'm pretty sure making sacrifices to the Great Toad is the only way you're getting out of this one.

Unless you can figure out some kind of deal with Lucifer DFHack.

Pumping magma to the surface works too, seeing as zombies are no longer immune to fire/magma.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 01:35:17 am »

Ye gods. I'm pretty sure making sacrifices to the Great Toad is the only way you're getting out of this one.

Unless you can figure out some kind of deal with Lucifer DFHack.

Pumping magma to the surface works too, seeing as zombies are no longer immune to fire/magma.

Well, I managed to punch an 11x11 hole through the aquifer and build a 2z high wall around said hole, but with the (rough! argh!) walls covered in crawling, climbing, crossbow corpses, that area is dead to me... So I can't pump Magma to the surface, but I could, I suppose, lure them underground to burn... if I had any metal on the map with which to build magma pumps.

I could build an underground Atom Smasher, but I consider that Gauche.

My military is... not.

My one consolation is that the Necromancer does not seem to have the ability to raise said Rhinoceros into Zombie Rhinoceros.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 01:37:57 am by Flaede »
[/quote]

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 11:21:40 am »

i wonder if you can get elite archer zombies, and if so can they be identified so you don't get your archers murdered.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku