Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblin Attack Population Requirement?  (Read 904 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Goblin Attack Population Requirement?
« on: January 14, 2015, 07:45:37 pm »

I'm talking about "Design New World with Advanced Parameters".

Since we have "Titan Attack Population Requirement", "Titan Attack Exported Wealth Requirement" and "Titan Attack Created Wealth Requirement", why not have some corresponding values for goblins?

Also, it would be nice to get a goblin siege when we have 8 dorfs instead of 80, and a monarch when we have 14 dorfs instead of 140, etc.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 07:55:24 pm by utunnels »
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Attack Population Requirement?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 08:46:54 pm »

You can already do this within the entity raws, for the most part. At least the goblin siege aspect.
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 09:17:44 pm »

I think what's intended by the suggestion is to be able to set the conditions of things without having to go raw diving.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 09:22:14 pm »

You can already do this within the entity raws, for the most part. At least the goblin siege aspect.

Yeah, I haven't studied raws too much.
Do you know a reason why some settings are in world gen while others are not?
It would be nice to put some settings together so we can share world gen parameters without copying all those raws.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 10:51:17 pm »

Well the benefit of having it in the raws is that it can be different for different civs, especially considering that even friendly ones use the same system. It would be nice if you had something other than just 5 numbers though. If you want to change it yourself just go to the raws and entity default, find the PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE and change that number to 2 for 50 dwarves, or 1 for 20 dwarves. Notably there are other siege triggers, and achieving just one is enough to get the civ to siege, but goblins only siege based on population.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia