Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Water can unconstruct furniture?  (Read 395 times)

Malorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Water can unconstruct furniture?
« on: September 19, 2014, 10:11:01 pm »

So, I've had multiple cases of my water pipes being stripped of their grates when I fill the system from a high-pressure source.  Is this a thing, wiki says nothing about it.  I can replicate it with near-perfect results, I don't think there are any building-destroyer fish wandering around in there.  Wall grates seem to be surviving just fine, but any grate that is directly under the column of insanely fast falling water seems to be destroyed.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Water can unconstruct furniture?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 01:18:32 am »

Your title says deconstruct, your post says destroy, which is it? Is the furniture item loose and ready to rebuild below somewhere afterward? If so, it's pretty obviously an intended feature.  If it just goes poof then it may or may not be.  Never head of it personally.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Uggh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Water can unconstruct furniture?
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 05:04:30 am »

I observed this, too, in particular with ocean waves that deconstruct floor grates and throw them around. Seems to be intended.