Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Key mix up in Unit screen.  (Read 858 times)

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Key mix up in Unit screen.
« on: September 19, 2014, 09:41:51 am »

When I go into the "Unit" menu with the "u" key, I try to zoom in with the c key.  However, There was a mix up, and the 'c" key also cancels an action. Now, i tried to go in and change it, however, i can't see the function to change it. Can you tell me what option it is?

hegchog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Key mix up in Unit screen.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 03:20:44 pm »

I think as long as you designate the task again (if you were making beds then set one to be made in a carpenters workshop etc) if it was hauling another dwarf would just go and do it instead. Whatever they were doing it's probably resolved by now.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 04:05:07 pm »

That is NOT what i meant. I mean, nearly EVERY time there is a cancel-able job on a dwarf that i want to zoom in on, i can't do it because it will cancel the task.  Whether or not they go back to it is irreverent. Is there a way i can change these keys?

Note that i'm in DF 40.13

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2014, 04:14:38 pm »

But since v.40.13 (or was it .40.12?) you zoom with "z" key, and "c" cancels the task. There was change in interface.txt after the unit screen got remodelled (and "x" removes the job instead of "r", while "r" toggles repeat option). You sure you zoom with "c"?

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 04:22:46 pm »

In version 0.40.12 UNITJOB_REMOVE_CRE (which I believe is the key that cancels jobs in the units screen and the jobs screen) was changed from r to x, and UNITJOB_ZOOM_CRE (which I believe is the key that zooms to a creature from those screens) was changed from c to z. This is more consistent with other screens (for instance, I will probably not notice the difference because I used to hit z to zoom and then wonder why it hasn't happened). Is it possible you're hitting x when you try to hit c?

In any case, I believe those screens show their currently set keys at the bottom of the window so you can check what they're set to, and if you want to change them for any reason you can either edit data\init\interface.txt or hit escape in the game and go to "key bindings" and look for them there instead.
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 05:20:58 pm »

Strange, it was
[BIND:UNITJOB_REMOVE_CRE:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:r]

Yet, whenever i'm in the menu, it states that cob cancellation is "c."

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2014, 05:41:37 pm »

Okay, I found it underneath "unit job." However, I was only able to find the key to change the zoom function.  However, the OTHER key is unable to be changed. A bug, I assume?

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2014, 06:07:13 pm »

Okay, I found it underneath "unit job." However, I was only able to find the key to change the zoom function.  However, the OTHER key is unable to be changed. A bug, I assume?

It shares its designation with [BIND:BUILDJOB_CANCEL:REPEAT_NOT], the same key is responsible for cancelling from "j"obs and from "u"nits screens.

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 08:46:39 pm »

Oooh, I had "remove creature" -- which keeps the job but makes whoever was assigned to it no longer assigned to it (leaving them free to be assigned to a new job, and resulting in someone -- maybe even the dwarf you just removed, if they're still the best candidate -- getting assigned to it if possible after you leave the screen) -- mixed up with "cancel job", which gets rid of the job altogether.

Man, now I can't remember whether we've always been able to cancel jobs from that screen or whether that was added around the same time. I haven't had time to actually play lately, so I've kind of lost track of any details I didn't notice when updating game versions (I have a few tweaks I always make to the init file settings and, for laptop's sake, controls, so I have to kind of merge them with any changes made in new versions, and so all I know for sure is what's changed in the files).
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.