Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oh dear and oh bother. The Enemy is at the gates once more.  (Read 762 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Oh dear and oh bother. The Enemy is at the gates once more.
« on: September 21, 2014, 12:44:24 pm »

Eighty seven goblins killing wildlife versus pathetic dorf army is a losing fight.

Some of us are thirst-dying and we're basically livestock-free.

When will they leave?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oh dear and oh bother. The Enemy is at the gates once more.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 12:48:03 pm »

It takes a couple seasons, last I recall. If the siege just started and you're running out of supplies already, you most likely won't be able to survive it. The caverns may be your only chance of survival.

Brew all possible plants into booze, butcher all the animals you can while still retaining a breeding population. Better lose your animals than your entire fortress.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 12:55:03 pm »

Oh, good. We'll make it. It's been a season or so, and our population is in the hundreds.

I guess the real nuisance is that they don't brew booze fast enough. We have plenty of stocks, but the room is full 24/7 of ravenously thirsty dorfs.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TheFreshPrince

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 12:56:00 pm »

Keep us posted how it turns out

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 12:59:21 pm »

The brewing skill - similar to mining - only affects the speed at which the job is performed, since alcohol doesn't have a quality stat. Build some stills wherever they'll fit and assign random Joes to brewer work and let them get at it.