Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: fell mood and ressources  (Read 998 times)

vonduus

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your captain speaking
    • View Profile
fell mood and ressources
« on: September 17, 2014, 01:51:37 pm »

Hi!

One of my dwarves got a mood and took over my glass furnace. He wants raw green glass, rock blocks and cut gems. I had raw green glass and cut gems in my stockpiles, but no blocks, so I quickly produced ten rock blocks.

But now he is just sitting in the glass furnace with his raw glass and cut gems, screaming for rock blocks. I even put a dedicated rock block stockpile adjecent to the glass furnace, but he seems to be too stupid to go and get them.

What can I do? I would love to have a glass master.
DF: where imagination beats animation

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: fell mood and ressources
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 02:32:19 pm »

Does he have any preferences for specific types of rock?
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Dolwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 02:40:44 pm »

He might need multiple raw glass or gems.  I know DFHack has showmood that can tell you what is missing (although I dont know if DFHack is working with the new release yet).  Did you use "t" on the workshop to see what he has already gathered?

Absentia

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 02:43:33 pm »

To elaborate on khearn's post: If a dwarf has a preference for a particular kind of material, they may insist on using it for mood constructions. You'll either need to make some blocks of the right kind of stone or wait for him to go insane.

It's also possible that you didn't have ENOUGH raw glass and cut gems; if he wanted 3 gems and you only had 2, he's going to wait for that third gem before he tries to get rock blocks. So make sure you have some extra raw green glass and cut gems before you give up on him.

Finally, I recall an old bug where dwarfs would sometimes ask for rock blocks when they were really looking for metal. I think that's been fixed for some time, but just for the hell of it you can check to see if you have any metal available as well.

EDIT: By the way, your dwarf has a "fey" mood. If he had a fell mood, he would simply murder the nearest dwarf and make an artifact from their bones.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 02:45:25 pm by Absentia »

vonduus

• Bay Watcher
  • This is your captain speaking
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 08:55:02 pm »

Okay, thanks for the answers. Unfortunately he went insane and starved to death, but he had no friends, so nothing happened to the fort.

I had plenty of everything he needed, except rock blocks, so it was probably due to his personal preferences, I only made some microcline blocks for him, perhaps he didn't like microcline.

I'll try to remember your advice next time someone has a fey mood, also I didn't know about "showmood", thanks guys.

DF: where imagination beats animation

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 02:31:21 pm »

Yeah, I've noticed a number of players who don't seem to like microcline. maybe it's not very popular among the dwarves as well. ;)
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.