Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rare gems in each cluster?  (Read 422 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Rare gems in each cluster?
« on: September 18, 2014, 01:39:09 am »

I'm in 40.12, and I decided to see if this embark had iron. I used reveal, went down, and instantly noticed a cluster of rubies with a star ruby in the middle. I got happy about this, because they're supposed to be rare. Then, in the same bauxite vein, another ruby cluster with a star ruby. I checked around, finding that odd. Every single ruby cluster on the map has 1-3 star rubies in it. I checked the sapphires, they were acting like normal. I checked the diamonds; they had at least one green diamond in each cluster. I thought maybe it was this spot, so I retired the fort, checked three other spots: all the same, a star ruby in all ruby clusters, and a green diamond in each diamond cluster. Maybe it was this world? I genned a world with the highest mineral scarcity, and got the same. Nowhere did I see "Added rare gems to all faint yellow diamond and ruby clusters." Was this a blessing from Toady? Has Armok began to favour me? Am I just the luckiest bastard in the world?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.