Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Humans out of nowhere?!?  (Read 849 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Humans out of nowhere?!?
« on: September 16, 2014, 05:31:25 pm »

I was in a world where, upon checking legends, I learned has 30000+ goblins, and 103 dwarves, no humans, kobolds, or elves. But then after eight years of fortress life, BAM!!! a human caravan shows up, I check the civ screen, and they have a king, a general, many barons and dukes, out of nowhere. How did zero humans turn to 500+? The dwarves are still in the low two hundreds.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

ddenney1211

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humans out of nowhere?!?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 05:36:50 pm »

Those darned upworlders breed like rabbits, be thankfully it ain't none of them tree lover bunch! trade your goods with them and make them pay up so they know who is boss, make them take the brunt of the goblins wrath while ye build up a mighty fortress! Go forth! Delve the Earth!

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 06:32:24 pm »

Do not question armok Stagnant Soul.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 11:11:23 am »

Humans don't have kings or barons/dukes - they have law-givers and lords/ladies.

Either you're looking at a Dwarven civilization, or the Human civilization has been taken over by Dwarves. Except that even if Dwarves did take over a Human civilization, they wouldn't be using Dwarven nobles...
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 11:31:53 am »

Would a dwarven civilization send a caravan separate from the one you always get in the autumn from your own civilization?  I assume that he meant he got a human caravan (presumably in the summer?) in addition to the dwarven one that year?  This is definitely very odd, and far beyond my understanding...

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 11:39:49 am »

What... The screen had dukes and barons next to law-givers and generals, plus a king. Maybe it's a mess up in my raw? I did import regions, this one might be one I messed with.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.