Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]

Author Topic: Things You Accomplished Today  (Read 17722 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Things You Accomplished Today
« Reply #270 on: September 16, 2014, 12:59:06 am »

Been feeling down lately. I think I need this. I've had some kind of virus or something for the past week and a half, with a constant pressure headache, ugly cough, and general dizziness/inability to concentrate and an on-and-off slight fever. Feeling so awful that I literally can't even play video games. That's pretty bad. Today is my first day of teaching for the school year, I'm already working three days a week as a magazine editor (teaching will be Tu/Th), and this Saturday, I have to go to a conference for the magazine in another city. The stress and pressure are killing me, and no doubt making my headache a whole lot worse. Painkillers do nothing against it. Nevertheless, last week I gave a presentation on the gamification of education to the teaching staff in my school's English (as a foreign language) program and it was well-received. Over the weekend, I planned out the first few quests for my kids to go on, made blank character sheets for them all, did some math to calculate experience rate, drew an adventure map for them, and edited together a new Minecraft video from an old recording even though I couldn't bring myself to actually play and record new footage. At work at the magazine, I have written detailed summaries and difficult vocabulary for the film we're giving subscribers as a bonus in November (a film I absolutely despise), and put together several pages' worth of exercises for teachers to use with their students if they play the video in class (nearly done with the higher-level ones, just have the lower-level ones to go). All that in addition to my usual editing and organizational duties, making a crossword puzzle, managing the company Facebook page, choosing headlines for the front page, etc.

Today I'm going in to work early to work out the details of the very first lessons with my co-teacher. The first lessons are critical, and if we mess them up, our entire school year will be more difficult.

I feel like every day I'm not doing as much as I could/should. Maybe I'll try writing it all down here every day for a while so I can see how much I've actually accomplished.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 24, 2014, 10:39:23 pm »

I accomplished the fail of thinking that I had a prep period to do my homework in before it was due only to remember when I reached school that it's Wednesday and I don't have prep today.  So now I'm going to turn it in tomorrow.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 24, 2014, 11:27:47 pm »

Today marks 6 months that I have been dating my girlfriend if that counts as an accomplishment
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19]