Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Extended workflow plugin with in-game UI, inventory dashboard and history charts  (Read 78328 times)

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am having troubles over what the plugin can and can't handle, so I hope this is the right place to ask questions.

I am currently playing with Masterwork, and am having trouble when trying to specify the conditions behind the repeat order of certain somewhat generic tasks.
To take some example that can come in vanilla too, let's take the "Make rock Blocks", from the Mason workshop.

Making an above ground fort, I want to have whole buildings of the same rock, but also other from other rocks (like noble rooms in marble, outer wall from sand stone, and maybe a third for normal buildings).
The problem is that even though I can enforce one workshop per rock type through stockpiles and 'g'ive, the workflow simply refuses my 'specific material' (Shift+Enter), with the yellow message down the bottom.

Sure, it will add it to the workflow view, but I can't bind it to a specific workshop and a specific task.

It ended up with me only using it for large rock pots (didn't check if it conflicts with green glass or clay), bins (conflicts between wood and rock) and wool clothing (masterwork makes all fiber plants give coton, so it works somewhat fine there).

Now, I am no expert with the plugin, but I always see all sort of material specific things (reddit, forums, ...), and I always thought it was not just to check the stock, but also to actually bind those to workshops.

TL;DR
Am I just not using the tool correctly?
Or is it a limitation of the plugin (possibly changing in the future)?

EDIT:
Nevermind, I dug around more, and I found out that "alt+a" (job-material) is what I need to use in addition to workflow to suit my needs.
A bit odd that it's so hard to find that answer, but it exists anyway, so please disregard my complains about the plugin having its limits.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 05:24:47 am by slay_mithos »
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile

v40.10

created custom mod that's based on phoebus v40.10

https://github.com/thistleknot/BasedOnVanillaRaws/commits/40-08-phoebus-accelerated-modest-experimental

I use dfhack and your plugins to try to build blocks of wood, and that's where it breaks.

Maybe it's because of the ingame ability to create blocks of wood from the carpenter's shop, but I have a split wood blocks reaction from a masterwork [borrowed] workshop.

Code: [Select]
###Wood Blocks

[REACTION:SPLITTING_WOOD_PLANKS]
[NAME:Split log into timber planks(4)]
[BUILDING:SPLITTING_BLOCK:CUSTOM_C]
[REAGENT:A:1:WOOD:NO_SUBTYPE:NONE:WOOD]
[PRODUCT:100:4:BLOCKS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[PRODUCT:10:1:BLOCKS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
[PRODUCT:10:1:BLOCKS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]

I can't seem to queue wood blocks to be built from this workshop.

However... I can queue the reaction in other workshops if/when I pair it to a stone class.

However, I can't do so from the wood splitting block workshop.

Routaran

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I'm trying to use the workflow plugin by shortcut in the Windows version.

It's really hit and miss and I can't figure out how to bring up the Workflow gui.
Sometimes when I put in an order, like Wheelbarrows in the carpenter's workshop and press R, the plugin is activated and then I can hit W and I'm able to access the workflow gui from all my workshops.

Then a few seconds after I unpause the game, I cannot access the GUI anymore. I am unable to find any specific trigger that makes this thing work. Can you provide any ideas on what I should do to fix this?

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@thistleknot: I'd like to point you to a small guide I made about a few DFHack related utilities, including the workflow, as it does contain the answer on how to setup more complex workflows by using it in tandem with an other utility.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=142622.0
You can also see the important part in the EDIT part of my previous post here (first post of the page).

@Routaran: You should double check your DFHack key bindings (in "dfhack.ini"). in mine, it says:
keybinding add Ctrl-W@dwarfmode/QueryBuilding/Some "gui/workflow"
keybinding add Ctrl-I "gui/workflow status"

This means that Ctrl+i opens the "workflow status" screen any time you hit it (apparently even in adventure mode, because it's lacking the @dwarfmode).
On the other hand, the Ctrl+w is set to only work when querying a workshop.

Why am I saying this?
Because it's very easy to hit the keys in a slightly different context, and it would not work.
If that's not the case, and you really can't access the GUI, I'm afraid you will have to wait until someone with more kowledge about the code behind both Workflow and DFHack key bindings can answer you (and you can see that not many people answer questions here anymore).
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.

Routaran

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Thank you for your reply Slay_mithos. I will verify the keybindings currently being used in the dfhack.ini file and ensure that I am not making a mistake with my keystroke.

What I have been doing rigth now is using the commandline interface to setup my workflows. I've been able to do the simple stuff like automate bed/table/chair/food/drink production by using commands like
workflow count FOOD 500 100

I would be completely satisfied using the CLI to manage workflows but the problem I'm running into is that I do not know the proper name for the ITEM names to use.
In the help section, it says I can use for example
workflow amount AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_BOLTS/WOOD,BONE 200 50
to define how many bolts i want, what material to make them from.

I'd like to do something similar to manage the number of wheelbarrows I have but I don't know what to type in for the item name and category.
Is there a list of all the items in the game like this that I can reference to manually create my workflows?

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't know about a proper list (the best place to look might be the wiki), but you can definitely open the raw files to easily get the name for the item you want.

All you need to do is to go to the "raw/objects" folder (from your df folder), and use the normal search.
The good thing about txt files is that the default windows search will be able to search the text inside the files too, so you just need to search for "wheelbarrow".

For this case, you will have "entity_default.txt" and "item_tool.txt".
The wheelbarrow is a tool, so open the corresponding file, it will tell you that the right name is ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_WHEELBARROW

That's about the easiest way I can find to have an easy time with that.

Be aware that without using the other tool mentionned in the other post, the specific material might prevent the workflow to be linked to an actual job, resulting in blue messages about being unable to produce the item.
Unless this problem is somehow not present with the command line entries, when it is definitely there with the GUI.

Routaran

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I finally sorted this problem out. I suppose now I kinda feel silly but it was QuickFort. I had the script for that running in the background. Once I stopped it, the workflow shortcuts started working correctly.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]