Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anybody want to add art to this?  (Read 953 times)

Dr. Chuckles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Anybody want to add art to this?
« on: September 17, 2014, 01:43:39 pm »

Backstory: Recently around 100 dwarves were lost to a drought in my fortress, killing dwarves so quickly I couldn't produce enough coffins to hold their corpses, so they lie in the spot they died until my carpenters/masons catch up. All of the surviving dwarves had lost most of their families. The fortress has begun the long process of recovering, but messages like these still pop up constantly.

I saw this particular message and for some reason it really struck me. Upon reading it I visualized a sad, lonely dwarf, going through the motions, her eyes dull, as if they were in a far off place, expecting to see her lost loved one at every turn of the corner, yet only meeting disappointment. The alcohol kills the pain for her a bit, but sometimes it only makes it worse, and she cries herself to sleep on the nights she can sleep at all, which are few and far between. Her appetite is gone, and her few surviving relatives attempt to console her, but nothing they say or do seems to help. At times suicide seems like the only way out for her, but she can't even seem to work up the motivation to end it all. She enjoys her job less and less every day, though it once was her passion, she just can't focus on it anymore. She's headed for rock bottom, and it's a long way down, with no end in sight for her.

Anybody up for drawing a piece of art for this (I'm no artist myself, unfortunately)? I think It'd be an interesting piece.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Anybody want to add art to this?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 02:28:01 pm »

Nup. 2sad4me

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Anybody want to add art to this?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 04:36:03 pm »

That name. Close, but no cigar. Sounds close to a dark mood I had some time ago. Naturally, kinda kills any mood to do anything creative for me.