Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Do goblins get "horrified"?  (Read 2445 times)

Re: Do goblins get "horrified"?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 07:41:21 am »

To remove the risk of necromancers why not just set an atom smasher up over the stockpile, one turns up you just annihilate the stockpiles and start again once he's dead. Ideally using the necromancer you just killed to start off the new stockpile.
Stages of DF Ideas:
How do the mechanics for this work?
How can I weaponise it?
How can I add magma?
How can I weaponise it?
How can I automate it?

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 10:06:43 am »

Trolls get horrified as well. Especially when they see the severed, rotting heads of their comrades from the last siege hanging in the trees.

Mwuahahahahahahahahaha!
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 10:58:09 am »

Is it possible to set up pikes that have the bodies impaled onto them? That way they both terrify the goblins, but if they're reanimated then they can't go anywhere.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 11:02:10 am »

Is it possible to set up pikes that have the bodies impaled onto them? That way they both terrify the goblins, but if they're reanimated then they can't go anywhere.

Maybe you set the pikes up as a spear trap, but then designate the area above it as a pit, and throw the body part onto it? That's my best guess.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 01:18:25 pm »

To remove the risk of necromancers why not just set an atom smasher up over the stockpile, one turns up you just annihilate the stockpiles and start again once he's dead. Ideally using the necromancer you just killed to start off the new stockpile.

I'm pretty sure you can't build a bridge on top of a stockpile, or designate a stockpile under a bridge.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 03:11:36 pm »

I'm pretty sure you can't build a bridge on top of a stockpile, or designate a stockpile under a bridge.
You can designate zones though, so if you have necromancers you may just want to atom smash all dead stuff that you can't butcher
Pages: 1 [2]