Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Easiest way to see my metal bar inventory? Quick ways to check skills for jobs?  (Read 1614 times)

Jigowah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In vanilla:

Does anyone has a quick way to check on metal inventory so smithing is smoother?  How do I quickly see what bars I have?  Just go to the stockpiles?

Also, is there an easy way to bounce between dwarf bios and skill/roll/military assignment?  I spend a lot of time assigning roles because of going between these views.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

???

(z) over to stocks menu, towards the bottom of the first page is 'bars', so long as you have an active bookeeper keeping adequate track of stocks.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Jigowah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So i see i have bars of ? counts but never of what type. 

Is this because my bookkeeper is crap?  I shall get a professional straight away...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile

So i see i have bars of ? counts but never of what type. 

Is this because my bookkeeper is crap?  I shall get a professional straight away...
(n)oble screen, scroll down to the bookeeper, and (s)et the bookeeper to a higher priority.  Medium or higher is recommended, depending on how much dwarfpower you can spare.

Even untrained bookeepers will be able to keep your stock record tidy, as long as they have their own office, simply a chair assigned to them.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 07:20:42 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Jigowah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Totally forgot about that parameter.  TY :D

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The first thing out of my carpenter's shop is always a chair for the bookkeeper's office, and I always set my bookkeeper (usually my expedition leader/broker as well) to max accuracy as soon as I make him an office. I never even notice the time he spends at it, so I don't see any point in setting it any lower.

Keith
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

RoguelikesESP

• Bay Watcher
  • The english is NOT my native language. Sorry.
    • View Profile

Heh, your photos makes me think that there are two dwarfs talking about how to do something.

Oh, look, I am another Dwarf!
... Sorry, I am tired, that's why I am this stupid right now :)

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you're somewhat lazy like me, and just want a quick glance at your metal numbers, you can quickly bring up the Wall construction (b-C-w) in a tile next to where you keep your metal bars.

With the potential build materials ordered by distance your metal should be at the top.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you're somewhat lazy like me, and just want a quick glance at your metal numbers, you can quickly bring up the Wall construction (b-C-w) in a tile next to where you keep your metal bars.

With the potential build materials ordered by distance your metal should be at the top.

Heh, nice idea. Thanks.

Keith
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

soulmata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is exactly what I do.