Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lulledrelics: The Superdwarf Program  (Read 701 times)

Jaxxie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Lulledrelics: The Superdwarf Program
« on: September 07, 2014, 12:50:08 pm »

16th Sandstone, 49

Journal of Goden Lisatcatten

It's fall and I don't even have a reservoir completed, yet the queen wants everything set up by the start of 50. Why 50? 51 is a perfectly good year for starting. At this rate, it might be the year we got everything done. If we can spend a few generations getting ready to fight against the elves, what difference does one year make? For that matter, if we're going to be working in multiples of ten or five, why did I only get six other dwarvees to start? Why only men? Between them and knowing what we're supposed to be doing here, it was horribly uncomfortable, especially when we had to live in the pairing house while Sibrek dug out the men's side.

But genetic engineering the queen wants, and genetic engineering the queen will get. Whether it be by me or someone else... though I ought to be the one to do it. I needed something to do, and when the queen herself offers you a job, how do you refuse? Now I'm stuck with this, though.

What a prospect. Staying here in this forest, watching dwarves from birth to death, deciding which lucky ones get to continue the program and who's going to be.. I don't know. Used for other SCIENCE, maybe? Conscripted, probably. Can't risk losing the superdwarves too fast, after all. Years and years of this... Mighty Armok, grant me an early death. Or at least someone else to profile all the migrants.

I ought to get the reservoir dug. Sibrek's sleeping and the water's frozen over already. Hopefully, the goblins will think it's too nippy out to try anything.

Scrawled on the back are plans for the program.
  • Remove negative physical traits.
  • Remove negative mental traits.
  • Improve physical traits.
  • Improve mental traits.
Always: Encourage loyalty to The Lauded Portals.

"Hey! You! What are you doing with that? It's mine!"

Jaxxie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Lulledrelics: The Superdwarf Program
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 01:12:53 pm »

"Fine. Since you're so determined to read my journal, you might as well help me out. Go profile the single dwarves. Pair 'em up, too, if you want. There should be a book or some things to write on and with somewhere. Get going. I have to go thank Armok..."

((This list will be updated as time is available and dwarves arrive.))

The Single Population:

Males:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Females:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Note: Dwarves only marry within 10 years of their age.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 03:57:27 pm by Jaxxie »