Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: v40.13 fistfights  (Read 1281 times)

Drengor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
v40.13 fistfights
« on: October 03, 2014, 02:16:49 pm »

Has something changed to make fistfights more fatal?  I've gone through 6 fights now, every one fatal.  (The last 3 were an 11 year old child killing 3 adults during his tantrum)

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: v40.13 fistfights
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 02:22:46 pm »

they were specifically made less fatal for the v40 releases.  I've seen a few fistfights so far, and serious injury has been rare.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Wumpi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 04:11:01 pm »

I recently had a pretty average dwarf go  berserk.  She killed 16 dwarves before suffocating from a severed spine. I even checked to make sure she wasn't a vampire.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 05:35:26 am »

I think its related more to the apathy experienced in adventure mode than anything else. As a precaution brick in the mood dwarves on the workshop if you cant get everything.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 05:20:00 pm »

I recently had a pretty average dwarf go  berserk.  She killed 16 dwarves before suffocating from a severed spine. I even checked to make sure she wasn't a vampire.

Vampires don't die from severed spine and suffocating, but you don't need to be a vampire to kill with punches and kicks. Were the killed dwarves unconscious? For example from broken bones? Kicking or punching unconscious dwarves is very often fatal, even if the attacker has low skill. Maybe the berserk liked to target head.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 05:22:59 pm »

Urist McTantrumalot likes heads for their squishyness...
I wonder if that's a thing...
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 05:27:22 pm »

I thought it was a brilliant idea to make a legendary wrestler, built for fighting crundles and troglodytes. So, I learned that his wife and son just died when a kobold siege popped up, and that his one masterwork crossbow was stolen by a kea. DO NOT have legendary wrestlers around to throw tantrums. He crushed a live and awake guys face in while jogging by, threw the spear the worker was hauling, and crushed a mother and child too. This was in about twelve seconds. Eventually a released blind cave ogre handled him. He ran into the caverns and killed stuff there.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.