Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wow, my fortress is so peaceful.  (Read 1022 times)

Slime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wow, my fortress is so peaceful.
« on: August 26, 2006, 04:20:00 am »

I'm in the fourth year, but I haven't expanded past the cave river yet. I want to set up a decent military and build some noble rooms first. I know I haven't done much by the river, except lots of mining near there, some floodgates and a bridge made out of silver, but you'd think some nasty river creatures would come up through the wells. I've only had a single snakeman attack, and he got attacked by a war dog while my marksdwarf shot him down.

Edit: Well, there are corpses of poor forest creatures strewn across the wilderness from where my war dogs got a bit enthusiastic...but my dwarves are fine. I sent an unarmed peasant out to hunt and he wrestled a fox to death and brought it back. My hunters remain completely...alive.

[ August 26, 2006: Message edited by: Slime ]

bloodyfool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wow, my fortress is so peaceful.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 04:27:00 am »

Just wait until a pair of fancy pants goes missing.

Slime

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 04:40:00 am »

I have lots of cage traps everywhere and a happy sheriff. I prepared for his arrival by making cages and chains!

bloodyfool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 04:58:00 am »

Sheriffs are only useful for picking plants.

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 09:20:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by bloodyfool:
<STRONG>Sheriffs are only useful for picking plants.</STRONG>

Not true.
They're also useful for crippling perfectly innocent dwarves because of the stupid mandates set by your nobles.

Last time mine tried to make an arrest however, my crafter or carpenter or whatever he was wasn't having it. He cracked the sheriff's skull during a tantrum, and the guy's been in bed for a year or so now.
The tantruming dwarf has never been happier.