Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Armour wear?  (Read 601 times)

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Armour wear?
« on: August 28, 2014, 07:41:17 am »

So, I found this whilst trading... I didn't think armour was meant to be able to accumulate wear

No mods of any kind
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armour wear?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 07:48:45 am »

It was in a refuse pile (or any custom stockpile with the refuse category active). Armor in a refuse pile wears quickly (a "feature"). This can happen even if your stockpiles are set up properly, if a military dwarf decides to pick up new armor while standing on a refuse pile tile.

Mimodo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 07:54:20 am »

I cannot rule out that he would have done that, however, I'm not sure how it would have happened, since military don't go anywhere near my refuse stockpile... At least it's only iron, got too much of that as it is
Bay12 Forums... Probably one of the last few sanctuaries on the internet. We're all equally insane in our own way, and it is that insanity that brings us together

Minnakht

• Bay Watcher
  • Green Eyed Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 07:59:16 am »

It's not a masterwork anyway, you can melt it and reforge it.
Giant badgers are cruel saddistic balls of fur and hate. Did anyone know they could paint a wall with a single dwarven baby?.... You know what, I made the Giant badgers sound like sane DF players.
A Kea has stolen a coke!