Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Where's my monster?  (Read 530 times)

Haunted Quiche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Where's my monster?
« on: August 24, 2014, 02:24:16 pm »

I decided to reclaim a world-gen ruin which had been ransacked by a Forgotten Beast. The Legends screen stated that the Forgotten Beast had now settled inside that ruin, so I figured it would be there...

But it isn't.

Do world-gen settling beasts not actually appear in fortress mode? Or have I missed something. I explored most of the ruins with my dwarves (although I haven't checked inside every single bedroom or anything because.... that could take all year and I only want to do it if I have to.)

So.... where's my monster?

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: Where's my monster?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 02:28:33 pm »

I decided to reclaim a world-gen ruin which had been ransacked by a Forgotten Beast. The Legends screen stated that the Forgotten Beast had now settled inside that ruin, so I figured it would be there...

But it isn't.

Do world-gen settling beasts not actually appear in fortress mode? Or have I missed something. I explored most of the ruins with my dwarves (although I haven't checked inside every single bedroom or anything because.... that could take all year and I only want to do it if I have to.)

So.... where's my monster?
Watch it. They can be stealthed. Yes, a stealthy forgotten beast. Forget stealthed were-mammoths, this is far bigger.

Oddly enough, this means they won't attack your dwarves unless they have line-of-sight and your dwarf has discovered them... which may be a bug.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Haunted Quiche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 02:31:27 pm »

So... I have to send dwarves into every single bedroom until I find the one with a Forgotten Beast hiding behind the door?

Wow, they must be boss at hide n seek.

sv-esk

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry for my bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 04:47:03 pm »

So... I have to send dwarves into every single bedroom until I find the one with a Forgotten Beast hiding behind the door?
Yes.