Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: MDF V.6.1 - Human Update + Hermit Update  (Read 16287 times)

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MDF V.6.1 - Human Update + Hermit Update
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2014, 08:55:00 pm »

I figure it would be best best to pretty much copy the vanilla dwarf race and then add on slowly. Copying buildings from other races and masterwork in general. I dont really expect to make a race that Meph would use any time soon. I just want to try it out, see how I like it.

Edit: So, I decided to start from the ground up trying to create the entity. I noticed there was already stuff in place for the drow race but I figured if I was to properly understand then I should write it myself. So far I have not run in to any problems, just a little tedious. Did anyone know if Meph or anyone else had a particular vision for the drow beyond the general dark elves born of DnD?

Edit 2: I have them playable now. Pretty much just vanilla though. Custom attribute levels and ethics and all that fun flavour stuff though. Trying to figure out the animal system though. Not sure how they have access to the drow animals but no one else does.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 05:47:25 pm by -Nihil- »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2014, 12:33:27 pm »

Look at dwarffortress/hack/scripts/addpettociv.lua, at the bottom of the file :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2014, 11:13:27 pm »

Thanks Meph, took me awhile to start looking in the scripts but I found it.

tj333

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2014, 10:33:20 am »

The new version has been crashing on me. When making no changes and trying to start Dwarf Fortress it crashes when the DF Hack window is at either Succubi hooks, summon, or Orc hooks activated. Disabling the named races does not change this. My computer is up to date and I have tried using a new unzip of MW. Any help?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]