Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Duel wielding fortress dwarves?  (Read 377 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Duel wielding fortress dwarves?
« on: August 19, 2014, 07:19:44 pm »

Since your adventurer can now effectively duel-wield, can your fortress dwarves? I haven't tried this yet, but I have a world with a pair of adamantine artifact swords, and I'd love to see my sword master hacking apart goblins twice as fast as he already does. Can dwarves in fortress mode duel wield now?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Bromuzl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Duel wielding fortress dwarves?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 07:31:30 pm »

Worth some arena testing, but I believe you would still only be able to attack with one or the other at a time, since last I checked you have to choose which weapon, natural or otherwise, you attack with at a time, and has their own windup, and recovery time between you can take a new action.

If you can attack with a weapon in each hand simultaneously in Adventure interface, then you should be able to do so in Fortress mode! Though due to randomization of attacks, it may only likely increase your dwarves chance of having a good attack available.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 07:39:23 pm »

You can choose to multi-attack while in the aiming menu in adventure mode.

The A.I. can multi-attack, but I can't say for certain that it's common. Except for hydra. They love to multi-attack. Likely due to the tag in their bite attack that marks it as being good for multi-attacking with.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 07:43:05 pm »

Aww... I guess I'll still have to go with sword and board soldiers then. Ohwell. I don't ever use anything but A to attack, I like to make sure I'm getting the best attacks and using a better weapon against a better enemy, and a weaker weapon against a weaker enemy.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.