Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: problem with masterwork succubus  (Read 1381 times)

yangabriel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
problem with masterwork succubus
« on: August 22, 2014, 05:55:59 am »

Hello! could you help me?

Well my first problem is with the masterwork client, i needed to use windows 7 compatibility to work, but still it seems to be slow in the loads and if i click when it stops the program just stops working and closes  :-\ .
  And for my second problem, when i try to choose succubus in the embark list like the others, it always switch to another race when i`m in the list to chose skills and item for my fortress. :'(

I really don't understand what exactly is happening, if you could help i would be gratefully. thank for you time.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 06:03:39 am by yangabriel »

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: problem with masterwork succubus
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 06:37:02 am »

i agree the main application for mwdf is slow to start but it was slower before, gotta give it some time :/
that's why i don't start the main app often

did you make sure succubus was the top entry for neighbors on the embark screen?  then turn off 'playable' for the other races in the main app... otherwise  you'll have to turn them off manually going into each entity file and deleting the corresponding [CIV_CONTROLABLE] to make sure you get a succubus civ
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 06:38:34 am »

The crash thing, no idea.

On the race selection, it's on the world map that it's done.
1/ To check what race your selected civ is, hit tab again a few times to get the list of the races (the one with the red ---, WAR, all that), the race at the top is your race.

2/ Hit TAB again to get a list of all the playable civs where you can change your civ.
Go back to 1/ to check the race, until you get the race you want.

If you only want to play succubus in a world, only enable them as playable (disable the "Fort" token for the others in the launcher before making the world), and all the proposed civs will be for that race.

Hopefully, I explained well enough.

EDIT: @Zach: never edit the raws manually when it can be done in the launcher, it can cause troubles later on if you don't do it correctly.
Just uncheck the "fort" column for the other civs in the launcher, it does just that too.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 06:41:39 am by slay_mithos »
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

yangabriel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 07:22:47 am »

Thank you guys so much!

Yeah i' finally playing succubus :P  thank you very much, i`m sorry if it was a silly question, but i really did't knew what to do :S.

Thank you both ^.^ .