Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Modern game controllers and old games  (Read 2770 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Modern game controllers and old games
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2015, 02:27:46 pm »

You could get something like this
or this

They look great, but I can't get anything like that around here. And shipping to this country from the US is always crazy expensive. I'm sure the cheap controllers I've ordered will do the job though. :)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2015, 02:29:05 pm »

Those were just examples of retro controllers with USB cables, you could probably find one form a local online store (I even saw one in a local brick and mortar store)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2015, 02:54:32 pm »

Those were just examples of retro controllers with USB cables, you could probably find one form a local online store (I even saw one in a local brick and mortar store)

Haha, I think you severely overestimate the "retro" gaming scene in former Soviet countries. I'll keep my eyes open, but there just isn't that much of a selection here. The suggestion is appreciated, it's just not that easy to get this sort of thing in this country. This is a country of about 10.5 million people, most of whom grew up under communism. There are definitely plenty of gamers, but I've never seen anything other than modern gaming consoles and equipment here. Don't know of any online-only stores, either. There are 2 big electronics chains and if they don't have it, it's usually not available. (Hence the impossibility of buying Xbox One controllers, for example.)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2015, 02:56:27 pm »

I'll second PrimusRibbus on his PS2 controller & usb adapter suggestion. Or possibly a wired ps3 one? (I've seen them but can't really say if it'll work)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 [2]