Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Manager Production Orders: Allow order for uniforms defined in military screen  (Read 631 times)

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As the title says, it would be convenient if you can tell your manager to order the production of Uniforms you specified in the military screen.
So, for example, you create a uniform that consists of a full set of steel armor, some mail and a red cloak plus a battle axe. You call it "steel axe". Go to your manager screen and order 10 "steel axe" uniforms to be made. This will create jobs for 10 full sets of steel armor, mail red cloaks, and battle axes.
It would also help with managing clothing for civilians, since you could define a "civilian uniform" not assigned to any squad.
I guess uniform options like "individual choice/melee" and so on would have to be ignored.

I'm posting this suggestion for someone else.

You could also extend this to all kinds of user defined "combined goods" in general. In that case it should probably all go in a subscreen of the manager screen.
One case would be making a pump stack:
First you Define "screw pump" as job that orders a block, an enormous corkscew and a pipe section to be made.
Then you define "pumpstack unit" as job that orders a screw pump and two doors (as per the standard pumpstack with service area design on the wiki).
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

I was just about to succest this. +1. It would make micromanaging clothing way less painful.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe you could also make the manager capable of reading if you have enough equipment in your stocks to equip your military, and have an option to let it automatically order more if you don't.

This would be brilliant for the way I play my forts (I put all my civilians in off-duty military squads), because I wouldn't have to order 20 mail shirts, leather chestpieces, helms, crossbows, etc. each time there's a migrant wave.

Even better, and for more players, is that this could reduce the micromanagement required for marksdwarves. Just set the amount of ammunition required to be in the stocks per marksdwarf and the manager will replace lost bolts for you.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game