Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ☼Wiki☼ - Everything Wiki-Related  (Read 2752 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Wiki☼ - Everything Wiki-Related
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 08:00:44 pm »

Apparently the wiki's having some trouble and isn't accepting new account atm, without which I can't create pages, so this will be on hold for a little while...
You can create pages here (double-check the title first to be safe - it'll need a "Masterwork:" prefix for MDF pages).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2014, 10:49:59 pm »

Account creation should (hopefully) be working now. Let me or Briess know if you run into any problems with it again.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2014, 10:36:54 am »

I am bringing this back in order to progress on the wiki writing. The workshop pages, to start with, need some attentions. I have been updating a few succubus ones with more description and up to date reactions.

How should workshops be classified at the footer? Per race or per type?

Should we have pages for civilizations in addition to the races? That should allow to post list of workshops and materials there.

Do we have a list of leather types? We have leather, scaleplate and shell and stuff plus their upgrade versions.

I see a metals page, that is only linked through the main MW page and not inside the categories. Perhaps we need one material category that contain pages for metals/glass/etc.

And last but not least, what is the first info you look for when starting out? I'm going to play gnomes and orcs to try and answer that last question.

-Nihil-

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2014, 11:07:02 am »

I always had trouble finding a complete list of farmable crops. The resources in the manual are useful but did not include orc specific plants which I had to go to the wiki for. I ended up switching between tabs comparing plants trying to decide which I wanted to use.

Descriptions of domesticated animals would be useful as well, the manual is missing some information on what they can be used for. Information like, shearable, milkable, materials given, egg laying, batch sizes, breeding, litter sizes.

Also, better documentation of additional tree and plant variety(the additional mods) might be nice. Last I checked I could not find the information on those anywhere outside the raws.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2014, 11:16:57 am »

I would recommend mentioning that boulder crabs have a 1 in 4 chance of laying a real egg and a 3 in 4 chance of laying flux. Also mention the clutch sizes of all egg layers.

Also i would recomend removing all mentions of Ashlanders, Dwarven legion, deep drow and bandits. As well as pattern welded metals

Add a more detailed explanation of black lung

Meph do these sound familiar to you?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 11:20:06 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2014, 12:27:36 pm »

Also i would recomend removing all mentions of Ashlanders, Dwarven legion, deep drow and bandits.

The "outlander technology" buildings still exist in orc mode even though these chaotic factions are no longer civs.  (just splinter groups that send reps to the orcish caravanserai ;)
Pages: 1 [2]