Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Path for reagents from the workshop instead of the dwarf  (Read 407 times)

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Path for reagents from the workshop instead of the dwarf
« on: August 16, 2014, 12:31:59 pm »

Right now, if a mason starts a job on the other end of the fort from the workshop, she will grab the nearest boulder and carry it all the way to the workshop at a snail's pace. In addition, putting a custom stockpile around a workshop without linking it makes the workshop still turn out products from reagents that aren't from that stockpile.

My suggestion is that the source of the pathing to find the closest reagent be the workshop instead of the dwarf taking the job, to save her from having to carry boulders up two hundred flights of stairs and to reduce the micromanaging required to set up workshops fed with custom stockpiles.

I hope this suggestion hasn't been made before; I tried searching the board but it didn't turn up any results.
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"