Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Legend of Bay12 II: The Adventure of _____ (SG)  (Read 1426 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
The Legend of Bay12 II: The Adventure of _____ (SG)
« on: August 19, 2014, 03:24:35 pm »

Don't ask where the first one is.

Anyway, you are ______, a (class). After your first adventure in the mysterious land of Terabufo, in which you collected the twelve Bay Chalices and rescued the Princess Adipem from the dark wizard Tawarochir, you have settled down in the town of Ignavum to live out your life in peace with the honorary title First Mankind, which is recognized all over the world.

But alas! For the minions of Tawarochir -- such fiends as the evil Urthonn Colossus, who hides deep beneath the earth, Lord Armarchedir, the dark knight who dwells in the Palace of Misery, and Estengond the Dark, the mottled, twisted fiend from a plane beyond mortal understanding who dwells in the Tower of Doledhel -- and their minions, such as the evil Gobrins and the vicious Shadow Bears -- seek your lifeless corpse. Why? Using your body as a sacrifice will allow Tawarochir to return from the dead and destroy the world yet again. To stop them all, you'll have to retrieve the magical sword, Skulldoom, from Mount Porthca, and use it to destroy the last vestiges of Tawarochir's power.

I'll be running this using traditional suggestion game rules and rolling dice to determine the outcomes of things.

SELECTABLE CHARACTER CLASSES
FIGHTER-- Master of armed combat. All types of melee and ranged weapons are allowed. BONUS: You may wield two weapons at once and suffer no penalties. Ten hit points.
RANGER-- Wanderer of broken worlds. Most types of melee and ranged weapons are allowed. BONUS: You have a handy bonus to wilderness-y stuff. Eight hit points.
MONK-- Master of unarmed combat. Only fists and special monk weapons are allowed. BONUS: You have a handy bonus to all unarmed combat stuff. Eight hit points.
THIEF-- Master of taking things from other people. Many lighter melee and ranged weapons are allowed. BONUS: You may steal things without penalty. Six hit points.
PRIEST-- Fights evil in the name of Armok. Most blunt weapons and few ranged and sharp weapons are allowed. BONUS: You have a 33% chance of healing your own wounds by half the amount you damage a foe. Six hit points.
BARBARIAN-- Master of RIPPING AND TEARING HIS FOES' GUTS. Most types of melee and ranged weapons are allowed. BONUS: You may have a +3 bonus to all attack damage in exchange for a -2 penalty on rolls. Twelve hit points.
MAGICMAN-- Although magic was outlawed after the rise of Tawarochir, you practice it in secret. No melee or ranged weapons are allowed. BONUS: MAGIC MAGIC MAGIC. Four hit points.

Rough map of the Ramaeglir Vale:

A: The metropolis of Taurithil. Here is where the King Sugam, and his daughter Adipem live.
B: Golluireb, the last city before Shangdao.
C: The inn known as "The Pillars of Music". Which has nothing to do with my DnD game featuring an inn of the same name.
D: The inn known as "The Drops of Blood". Which is mostly because of the red brick walls.
E: Ignavum, a small fishing village next to Nengul Lake. It's also where you live.
F: Nengul Lake. The wettest place in the vale.
G: The forest of Angoleryn. Spooky and dark. The old Temple of Ta'wa is here, a crumbing marble ruin. Tawarochir's body now lies here.
To SHANGDAO: To the LANDS of MYSTERY, Shangdao. You don't have to go there yet, and some guy will probably try to sell you a shield or Angry Bread and stop you from leaving until you finish doing stuff in the Vale.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Bay12 II: The Adventure of _____ (SG)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 08:58:37 pm »

Derrick Ouyel

Priiiiiest.

Angoleryn!

Makes perfect sense.
What are you doing making another game, you magnificent bastard?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 03:15:27 pm by Lyeos »
Take a closer look at this text!

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 09:51:26 pm »

You are Explosive Explosions the Explosion of Exploding, you are an Explosion Avatar, who holds within you the spirit of the god of explosions, your techniques powered by the explosions around you.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 07:50:50 am »

You are Theify mc Theif the theif
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!