Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unarmed invaders in 0.40.08  (Read 798 times)

Dwachs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unarmed invaders in 0.40.08
« on: August 13, 2014, 05:24:02 am »

Upgraded to the new version. After some playing got my first goblin siege: A vile force of darkness arrived. However, the invading 'army' consists of one goblin crossbowman, accompanied with goblin, elven, and dwarfen recruits, among them a lord consort. The recruits were completely unarmed!

Is this normal? a bug? will the next siege turn out to be more of a challenge?

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unarmed invaders in 0.40.08
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 07:46:02 am »

Errrr.... budget cuts?
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Madventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 07:54:01 am »

Judging by them being recruits, I'd guess the following:

The civilization attacking had an army recruited of people with no previous weapon skills, and no time to train, so therefore, they're recruits, and since they're recruits, they don't get assigned the weapon they're skilled in.
Then he made grudge wit about 20 other dwarfs (still don't know why - perhaps they were stealing his chair).

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 09:19:03 am »

Lucky you, I got like 10 goblins in my first invasion and all 5 of my trainee guards were ripped to shreds.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

TurboSlug22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 10:23:57 am »

...the invading 'army' consists of one goblin crossbowman, accompanied with goblin, elven, and dwarfen recruits, among them a lord consort. The recruits were completely unarmed!

Yea I had an early siege last night consisting of several goblins, a dwarven bowman and 1 undead, they all seemed pretty chill with one another so somehow they resolved their differences... honour among thieves I suppose...