Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Artifact perfect game, stockpile?  (Read 846 times)

Gromak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Artifact perfect game, stockpile?
« on: August 13, 2014, 12:28:46 pm »

One of my dwarves has made an artifact perfect rock crystal gem, and its lingering in the floor.. no stockpile accepts it.. I thought finished good stockpiled accepted large gems?

flameaway

• Bay Watcher
  • Skeptical Optimist
    • View Profile
Re: Artifact perfect game, stockpile?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 12:31:03 pm »

No stockpile will accept large gems.  They generally just sit where-ever they were created or purchased.  You can move them with the dump command, or channel under them.  But they are sort of a pain in the butt as things stand.
1) What?  Hey! Give me a break; I'm just a complex series of chemical reactions going about my business.

2) Legalize Plump Helmets.

Aristion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 12:43:45 pm »

I thought it was under created goods or what ever the stockpile is caled that takes figurines and the like.
I kept imagining this guy go "By Armok, not the dead roaches! Oh gods the hamsters oh the dwarfmanity!"
Devotes several hours a day making vampires an endangered species.

Gromak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 01:36:35 pm »

Finished goods stockpile accept large gems, as the large gems that sometimes come out instead of a cut gem go there, but that artifcal perfect rock crystal doesnt :S

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 06:35:26 pm »

It might be that the artifact gem doesn't want to stack itself with all the other large gems, and therefore has no place in the finished goods stockpile.

Have you tried designating a new, artifact-quality only finished goods stockpile? If you have and it doesn't work then you're out of luck. The dump command paired with a smartly placed dump zone will let you place it in a specific location but that's about it.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 06:43:24 pm »

Gem materials are not accepted in most stockpiles, so your artifact gem will not be taken anywhere.

This may be fixed soon, judging by the fact that the entry on the bug-tracker has been marked as resolved.

Gedsaro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 06:49:23 pm »

Gem materials are not accepted in most stockpiles, so your artifact gem will not be taken anywhere.

This may be fixed soon, judging by the fact that the entry on the bug-tracker has been marked as resolved.

Indeed, from the front page today sometime in the last half hour,( yes I hit refresh on that page all the time until the update for the day is posted!  :D ):

"Allowed items made from gem materials (including large gems) to be stored in finished goods pile"

So that should be fixed in the next bug fix release.