Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Livestream?  (Read 628 times)

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile
Livestream?
« on: July 07, 2014, 09:20:14 pm »

Does anyone livestream playing DF, like twitch.tv sorts of stuff? (I have no idea if you could get twitch.tv to do DF, I've only ever been an end viewer on the thing... and that not often.) It might be an alternative way to post succession games, an entertaining way for people to check out the new release who aren't up for dealing with all the bugs, and an alternative to YouTube tutorials to introduce newcomers to how the game's actually played. (Heck, if it allows newcomers to ask questions *while the game is being played*, it could be the single most effective DF teaching tool yet...) Anybody, anybody? Or is this going to have to go on my list of "stupid dwarfy things I probably shouldn't do but kinda want to just because"?
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.

Celarious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Livestream?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 04:01:39 pm »

Sorry for the relatively late reply, but I didn't want to make an entire thread for this as it seems kind of... meh. I occasionally livestream DF over at this place, always with the new version, just because of the higher chance of things exploding everywhere. I also savescum a bunch. Just, if you're going to watch, don't expect good video quality and occasional stream drops due to very good internet connections.

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 07:58:41 pm »

I livestreamed an episode of Drunk Fortress.
I'm told it was entertaining. I don't remember much.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

MultiDwarfFortress

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 09:04:21 pm »

I'm actually livestreaming adventure mode right now. The fun thing is that everyone can enter commands.

Link:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=142208.0