Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wall bug fix question  (Read 670 times)

Urist McShaft

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wall bug fix question
« on: August 11, 2014, 04:38:16 pm »

I started up a fort in .07 - decided to wall up what I had, hoping that invasions had been fixed.
I noticed the wall bug that was quickly reported and noticed all the "extra" blocks were made of unknown material.
Didn't think anything of it.  Free blocks till the next patch, or so I thought.

Goblin invasion came in the 2nd year.  My military was not prepared, so I just closed the gates while I....uhhhh... speed train some recruits in my danger room.
Turns out that the other half of that bug is that the unknown walls are just...nothing.  Dwarves and goblins alike ran right through them causing many of my dwarves to leap in fear right off the waterfall.

Came here to complain about the excessive fun and saw Toady already pushed out a fix. :)
Has anyone already tested and verified that the walls cannot be walked through now?  Or even if others saw that walls were non-existent as well in .07?

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wall bug fix question
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 05:54:12 pm »

I just noticed the new version but I wanted to tell you not to use danger rooms anymore. Your dwarves will get those nasty fingernail and cartilage wounds that never heal or so I heard. Toady had mentioned he'd get rid of them so I guess that's the solution he found

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 10:50:57 pm »

Yeah, Toady made wooden training spears more dangerous now.  Danger Rooms are, rightfully so, dangerous, even in full armor.
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

samanato

• Bay Watcher
  • @ Gardevoirite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 11:01:35 pm »

Fortunately, sparring is fixed now, and training in this version brings up skills quite quickly.