Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Multi-Race Sieges  (Read 1658 times)

AQuebman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Multi-Race Sieges
« on: August 12, 2014, 01:58:39 am »

So I had an interesting set of circumstances earlier in my fort.  It started with 2 quick raids by goblins who ran in killed all of my pastured livestock and then ran away.  In between raids I had 2 elves with what appeared to be deer come in and trade.  I didn't have a lot in non-wood goods to trade but I made to and they went away.  Nothing was said that made them unhappy and they never spoke to me about further trade agreements which I thought was strange.

Then the 2nd goblin raid came and again they rushed me killed my livestock, saw my drawbridge and ran off.  Just as they were all about to leave another siege starts but this time its 1/2 Goblins and 1/2 Elves.  First off is it normal to get multi-racial sieges?  Secondly WTF happened with the Elves because things were fine and now all of a sudden were at war.  Could my civilization outside of my control caused this drama?

Just curious as its been a bizarre turn of events. Now they mope around outside my fortress while I happily live fat on plump helmets and slowly train a small squad of Axemen & Axeladies.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multi-Race Sieges
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 02:02:05 am »

Its possible those elves were snatched from forest homes as babies and raised by goblins.  Or that you are looking at a really weird group of bandits.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

AQuebman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Multi-Race Sieges
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 08:21:41 am »

Once this fortress fails ill have to check out the legends mode because when the elves first came onto the map a goblin crossbowman shot at one of them with a bolt which was dodge and then after that they were buddies lol.  A very strange set of bandits indeed, I assume their status wont indicate anything different if raised by Gobbos?