Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tags that you want added/modified  (Read 753 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Tags that you want added/modified
« on: August 16, 2014, 11:49:50 pm »

I mentioned in another thread that we should make a list of stuff that would be really awesome to have in the hands of modders; namely, if some tags were modified to be more versatile or if we got tags to do things that aren't currently possible.

What I can think of off the top of my head:
[NEEDS_MAGMA] -> [POWER_SOURCE:(material)]. Theoretically, if this functionality was added and changed, it would allow water-powered workshops, rock-powered workshops, tree power, etc.
[BLOODSUCKER] and [ALCHOHOL_DEPENDANT] to [DEPENDENCY:(material type)]. Same idea as above.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tags that you want added/modified
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 03:58:25 am »

[DEPENDENCY:(material type)] would be interesting, but I think [BLOODSUCKER] would probably want to be kept separate or there might be some iffyness with needing to drink blood from an actual creature. Unless you wanted to allow blood to be consumed from barrels and whatnot I guess.

King Kravoka

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 04:04:53 am »

How about a [NEEDS_MECHANICAL_POWER] token for buildings? Also making it so that creatures used by a civilization are specified in the raws for the civ itself, for example: [USE_CREATURE:CREATURE:TROLL] in the goblin raws.

HelloLion

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:FOOLISH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 10:59:52 am »

I would like a generic switch set of tags, so that for instance you could have an entity with this switch:

[SWITCH:75/15/15]
[CASE 1]
     [POSITION:MONARCH]
[CASE 2]
     [POSITION:PRESIDENT]
[CASE 3]
     [POSITION:CHAIRMAN]
[/SWITCH]

The idea being that when generated, the entity would choose between the three cases, which in this example are forms of government. 70% of the time it will choose a monarchy, 15% of the time it will choose a republic, and 15% of the time it will choose a communist government.

A switch tag could be used to give variety to all sorts of things in this way.

deepspaceprobe9

• Bay Watcher
  • "Personal" Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 05:03:17 am »

I would like a metamorphasis token, maybe like [TRANSFORM:AGE:CREATURE]
   (*) Stopped zombies from interrupting your sleep to ask if they can help you with something

Shadowclaimer

• Bay Watcher
  • Looks like cat for dinner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 06:59:37 am »

How about a [NEEDS_MECHANICAL_POWER] token for buildings? Also making it so that creatures used by a civilization are specified in the raws for the civ itself, for example: [USE_CREATURE:CREATURE:TROLL] in the goblin raws.

This

I'd also like Entities to allow you to specify multiple sentient creatures that make up the same civilization and in what ratios.
Advanced Civilizations (0.40.X+)

Former creator of Metallurgy, Atum, Aquaculture, and Agriculture for Minecraft and Toxic Worlds for Starbound.