Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Workshops wont build  (Read 809 times)

silverthief

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Workshops wont build
« on: August 09, 2014, 10:53:59 am »

ive just recently started with the new df version and noticed that my farmers workshop and fishery wont build for some reason any one have a solution? :-\

Florp Incarnate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Workshops wont build
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 10:58:16 am »

You need a Dwarf with the Building Designer labour enabled. If you don't, the structure will say waiting for architect when you view it with 'q'.

I think you also need a Dwarf with the labour associated with the building in question, but maybe somebody else will chime in to clarify that point.

silverthief

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 11:06:28 am »

You need a Dwarf with the Building Designer labour enabled. If you don't, the structure will say waiting for architect when you view it with 'q'.

I think you also need a Dwarf with the labour associated with the building in question, but maybe somebody else will chime in to clarify that point.

thanks for the help i figured out that you need to have the dwarf with the skill such as fishing have building designer so they can make their specific workshop

greycat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 06:00:08 pm »

thanks for the help i figured out that you need to have the dwarf with the skill such as fishing have building designer so they can make their specific workshop

This is wrong in at least two ways.  First, for buildings that need Architecture (such as the Smelter), you don't need to have the Architect and the Masonry skill (assuming you're building it with stone) on the same dwarf.  The Architect can do his part, then walk away, and the Mason can come finish it.

Second, the Farmer's workshop and the Fishery do not require Architecture.

Your dwarves were just slackin'.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug! -- StLeibowitz

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2014, 05:53:26 am »

Architecture seems to have a trashy priority.  I tend to have loads.  If you architect has other things he might do, he probably wont design your workshops anyway.

But as pointed out, no architecture on those 2.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.